Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,838

2 members and 2,836 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

New & Saying Hello!

Hey everyone! I am new to Ball-Pythons.net & this is my very first post! It's really nice to meet everyone! I am knew to BP ownership, and educated myself/researched for 6 full months prior to getting my first ball python. This is Poe! He arrived yesterday & I couldn't be more in love! He's an enchi lesser morph. He was hatched on 8.24.19. He's currently in a temporary 20L terrarium, that we've customized to make him as comfortable & happy as possible. We are purchasing an Animal Plastics T10 soon w/ belly heat & RHP for his permanent enclosure.

It's nice to meet everyone & be a part of the forums here! I look forward to meeting all of you & your noodles!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

Alicia (10-19-2019),Bodie (10-18-2019),Bogertophis (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019),dakski (10-18-2019),Gocntry (10-17-2019),Kam (10-19-2019),PghBall (10-17-2019),richardhind1972 (10-17-2019),wnateg (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of snake keeping!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start!! Good on you for researching before bringing your new pet home. Your new pet appreciates it.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we're happy to help!

Thanks

Re: New & Saying Hello!

Welcome,

As a relative Noob here myself, be prepared for just endless information, and pictures of everyone's Awesome snakes!!

I've been here just about 6 months and I think I learn something new everyday!! What a GREAT Forum this is!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019),wonderwhitters (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of snake keeping!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start!! Good on you for researching before bringing your new pet home. Your new pet appreciates it.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we're happy to help!

Hey thank you so very much! Yes I truly value responsible pet ownership & nothing makes me more upset than those who are apathetic about pet ownership. I'm a vet tech & see some truly irresponsible owners. It's SO important to value any living creature that comes to live in your home. Pet ownership is a privilege & should always be treated as such. Thank you for the warm welcome! ♥

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Welcome,

As a relative Noob here myself, be prepared for just endless information, and pictures of everyone's Awesome snakes!!

I've been here just about 6 months and I think I learn something new everyday!! What a GREAT Forum this is!
    I have been stalking the forums for quite a while & I couldn't agree more. Seems like an awesome community to be apart of & I am always very open to constructive help, and advice. Especially as a noob noodle owner! ♥

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    Hey thank you so very much! Yes I truly value responsible pet ownership & nothing makes me more upset than those who are apathetic about pet ownership. I'm a vet tech & see some truly irresponsible owners. It's SO important to value any living creature that comes to live in your home. Pet ownership is a privilege & should always be treated as such. Thank you for the warm welcome! ♥
    That's awesome, I've actually considered going to vet tech school. I'm 40 and have been in the restaurant industry for almost 25 years. Time for a change...

I can only imagine some of the neglect you've seen. Uggggh.

I've long said I feel there should be an application process for bringing pets home. Or at least a general competency test. I mean, it takes YEARS to adopt a child, but anybody with money can walk into a store and leave with an animal... I'm obviously comparing apples to oranges, but we're talking living beings either way.

Anyway, happy to have you on board.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019),richardhind1972 (10-17-2019),wonderwhitters (10-17-2019)

Thanks

That's awesome, I've actually considered going to vet tech school. I'm 40 and have been in the restaurant industry for almost 25 years. Time for a change...

I can only imagine some of the neglect you've seen. Uggggh.

I've long said I feel there should be an application process for bringing pets home. Or at least a general competency test. I mean, it takes YEARS to adopt a child, but anybody with money can walk into a store and leave with an animal... I'm obviously comparing apples to oranges, but we're talking living beings either way.

Anyway, happy to have you on board.
    I couldn't agree with you more!! And I say YES, go be a vet tech! If you love animals & have a passion for improving their lives or ending their suffering, I certainly recommend it. It's a wonderful & rewarding career. (Although...I can't say it pays super great. LOL!)
    Follow along on Poe's adventures on instagram: @poe.the.python

Thanks

And wow...I wrote knew instead of new. Way to be grammatically correct in my first post! LOL. I looked for a way to edit that, but i'm still learning the ropes here.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more!! And I say YES, go be a vet tech! If you love animals & have a passion for improving their lives or ending their suffering, I certainly recommend it. It's a wonderful & rewarding career. (Although...I can't say it pays super great. LOL!)
    Would it be ok if I PM you and pick your brain a bit?

Thanks

Would it be ok if I PM you and pick your brain a bit?
    Please do! <3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast