Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,433

1 members and 1,432 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Crowley is doing much better now that his enclosure is in his room, I put him in and he went in his hide and is now getting some rest. I will leave him be for a while as that is a lot of change for my little guy. I'm pretty sure the issue was just the bird. Here's a picture of the new setup.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Leave him be for a minimum of 2 weeks. better for a month.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Danger noodles (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019),Valyndris (10-16-2019)

Thanks
    Just a question. How do u try and feed him? Live, frozen, rat, mouse, etc? I’m sure u would feel better once he starts eating. Just trying to get the facts so we can get a rat into his belly
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Re: Ball python spazzing out during the day

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    It looks like she has two enclosures she swaps him back and fourth, and a whole room in her house that she lets him “play” in. And she is worried that he wouldn’t go to sleep last night, maybe someone should tell her that they are nocturnal
    Seriously at this point might as well laugh. Beats crying, and banging your head. She’s becoming extremely entertaining. The snake loved to death or abused like hell. I go with the second option.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Crowley is doing much better now that his enclosure is in his room, I put him in and he went in his hide and is now getting some rest. I will leave him be for a while as that is a lot of change for my little guy. I'm pretty sure the issue was just the bird. Here's a picture of the new setup.

Ok, this is for the best interest of the snake....

"I'm pretty sure the issue was just the bird"....you couldn't be more wrong. The bird, I'm sure, was a factor. But you need to open your eyes and accept that none of this would be happening if YOU did things differently.
    YOU need to change or that snake will continue to suffer.

I don't know how after all this you can be oblivious to the fact that YOU need to learn all you can about snakes. YOU created these situations because YOU can't accept the fact that your snake is A SNAKE.

At this point I'm pretty sure this is all falling on deaf ears, but for the sake of the animal PLEASE LISTEN!! The problem isn't "just the bird" and the fact that that was your reply to all this really makes me think you just don't get it...or don't care.

Until you figure out that your pet is a snake and allow it to be a snake he's going to SUFFER.
    Please learn about your pet. You can't possibly care for him properly if you continue to treat him like something he's not.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 10-17-2019 at 08:21 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (10-17-2019),Kira (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the issue was just the bird.

The second post in this thread told you it was the bird. It took you five pages to finally move his cage away from the bird. Perhaps there are others things we are correct about as well.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019),Kira (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019),Sonny1318 (10-17-2019)

Thanks
    It didn't take me long to move him at all, I moved him as soon as possible considering people work during the day. Crowley is doing just fine now. I like to take one step at a time to assess the situation. I don't have all the money in the world, to get Crowley a new hide for his size would cost me over $100 each so I like to see if he does okay once he's moved then if he's not, change other aspects. I also didn't want to stress him further by changing his whole enclosure along with the move all at once. I took the bed out of his hide and he's sleeping in there right now. I like to do things one at a time to see what the real problem is and go from there.

I never said I was trying to get him to sleep at night, I know he's nocturnal. If you actually go on my YouTube channel you'll see videos of him and he's always happy doing what he does. This stress thing is new and yes it was a mistake to have him in the same room with the bird. Someone even said I have 2 snakes out of nowhere, I only have Crowley. I've obviously listened to the advice given as I did do something about it and now my snake is fine. Where I live I have to order everything online so to just change everything overnight is impossible. I am leaving the snake alone to adjust to his new area. This thread became from helpful advice to everyone just attacking me in such a short amount of time like I can magically fix everything overnight.

Now if you guys are done attacking me and accusing me of things I've never done or said I'd like this thread to be closed.
    Last edited by Valyndris; 10-17-2019 at 08:44 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

It didn't take me long to move him at all, I moved him as soon as possible considering people work during the day. Crowley is doing just fine now. I like to take one step at a time to assess the situation. I don't have all the money in the world, to get Crowley a new hide for his size would cost me over $100 each so I like to see if he does okay once he's moved then if he's not, change other aspects. I also didn't want to stress him further by changing his whole enclosure along with the move all at once. I took the bed out of his hide and he's sleeping in there right now. I like to do things one at a time to see what the real problem is and go from there.

I never said I was trying to get him to sleep at night, I know he's nocturnal. If you actually go on my YouTube channel you'll see videos of him and he's always happy doing what he does. This stress thing is new and yes it was a mistake to have him in the same room with the bird. Someone even said I have 2 snakes out of nowhere, I only have Crowley. I've obviously listened to the advice given as I did do something about it and now my snake is fine. Where I live I have to order everything online so to just change everything overnight is impossible. I am leaving the snake alone to adjust to his new area. This thread became from helpful advice to everyone just attacking me in such a short amount of time like I can magically fix everything overnight.

Now if you guys are done attacking me and accusing me of things I've never done or said I'd like this thread to be closed.

You can't be serious??? How can you say he's "doing just fine now". How can you possibly know that?? The issue is rooted much deeper than his enclosure.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Kira (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019),Sonny1318 (10-17-2019)

Thanks

You asked for advice, received it, ignored it, and now want the thread closed because you feel like you are being attacked? Many of the people advising you have A LOT of experience with snakes and know what they are talking about. The reason that this thread is 7 pages long is because the community deeply cares about the well-being of snakes and only want to help you. Often times we will keep trying for the sake of the animal- even if the advice may fall on deaf ears.

How do you know that he is happy? He hasn't been eating- that is a clear sign that he is stressed (NOT happy). Please actually read the article that MissterDog linked about the ball python that died because it's owner anthropomorphized it and did not take proper care of it. Trust me, I think it would be neat if snakes were affectionate but they simply aren't. I adore snakes- but I also need affection and loyalty, which is why I will always have both snakes and dogs.
    Last edited by Kira; 10-17-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019),Sonny1318 (10-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

If you actually go on my YouTube channel you'll see videos of him and he's always happy doing what he does
    You mean the videos like he's "excited" after a fresh shed but really he's just trying to get away from you because you constantly over stimulate him?

This is the main issue. I can't tell if you just don't understand or refuse to understand. Everyone is telling you you're anthropomorphising your snake to the point you can't even recognize basic stress signals unless it's blantantly obvious.

You care more for your idea of Crowley instead of what Crowley actually is. You're totally choosing your feelings over his well being because you can't give up on this fantasy that you have a super special, unique world's first snake that acts like a dog and want to prove to the entire world he has an unbreakable bond with you.
    Last edited by MissterDog; 10-17-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019),Kira (10-17-2019),MarkL1561 (10-17-2019),Sonny1318 (10-17-2019),wnateg (10-17-2019)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast