Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,948

0 members and 1,948 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Cool MORPH MARKET WORLD OF BALL PYTHONS BP.NET Where have I been all these years!!!

Defiantly a newbie if you could tell by my title.
    I've been keeping reptiles my whole life. I'm 34 now. When I was a kid i had many ball pythons all the way up to my 20's. Around 22 23 I stepped it up and got myself a red tail boa from a family who just wasn't that interested in her. At that time she was about a year old and I had her up until about 6 months ago. Right now we have a very curious 2 year old who also has a fascination for reptiles and especially snakes. She is kind of handsey and right now figuring out puzzles and doing very well getting past chilled proof locks and other obstacles in her way. So, my boa had to be re-homed before something bad happened. Well, a few weeks later i started feeling a bit sad with no snakes around and I reached out to you tube for some snake content. Little did I know there were hundreds of reptile channels. After binging a bunch of the venomous reptile channels a stumbled across a ball python channel, Chris Hardwick to be exact, and I haven't looked back. There I learned about Moroph Market, World of Ball Pythons, and BP.net. First place I went was World of Ball Pythons. I was scrolling through and was blown away at the hundreds of combos and morphs that has surfaced over the years right under my nose. Of course only used to seeing Pieds and normal's I seen the first banana I have ever seen for a reasonable price. So, I frantically started researching the breeder via his website and social media platforms and found out he was a well known established breeder and it would be safe to order without much risk. Brock Wagner is the guy and I would highly recommend buying from him he has some amazing morphs. So, I said to myself i only live once and bought it and the very next day I had a banana het clown hatchling...... I wasn't expecting it to be a hatchling, about 6 weeks old, because i didn't take the time to figure out how morph market is set up. Lesson learned don't impulse buy snakes. I've had hatchlings before and know how to properly care for them but i wanted something i could tame down right away so my daughter could handle him. First couple days he was a monster and defensive striking at everything that moved.I learned a few tips and trick from YouTube and now he hangs off me all day and i only took one bite. But didn't break skin or do any damage. He is a sweet boy now but I still don't trust him not to bite my handsy 2 year old. We will wait awhile until there both a bit older. Hes already eating frozen and staying plump and healthy.

Friday I went into PetCo to buy sub straight and other supplies and I look over and see this Queen Bee but she wasn't looking to hot. The thing I think any guy can relate to who has had his own clutch of daughters like me will tell you, the neanderthal man grunts slowly drain away when u watch tinker bell and my little pony on the daily for a few years. I seen that Queen Bee and then popt out a tear because she was so skinny and stressed out. She was stuck in shed with her eye caps still attached. The thermometer in the tank only said 70 and no humidity at all. She was also stuck in with another snake who was a male. I couldn't help my impulse and next thing i knew i was walking out of the store with a Queen Bee and a new aquarium. She has a slight wobble in her from the spider gene but im hoping it gets better now that she is relaxing and not stressing. So far for the last 2 days she has eaten one live hopper that only took one strike to grab. When I walk past her she follows me and she even comes out of her hide when i stop to take a peek. Tomorrow i'm going to try and soak her and let her crawl around in a towel to get those eye caps off of her. I have handled her a bit and shes a sweet girl so far. The funny thing is when I got her home she seemed fine and not at all snappy, but she laid her head on the back of my hand slowly opened her mouth and slowly clamped down again no damage but it was the cutest bite i ever seen. After that she was extremely curious wanting to roam. Her flight mode never kicked in and it was like i've known her forever. Today though shes resting because she got a nice meal last night and I have a baby shower for my son who will be here in January.

I might start a blog of my snake adventures. Tell me what you guys think. I will try to post more on here when i have questions or when something comes up. Thank you guys for reading and scaleriffic day

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punkrawkah For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-13-2019),cletus (10-13-2019)

Thanks

Re: MORPH MARKET WORLD OF BALL PYTHONS BP.NET Where have I been all these years!!!

I know what you mean about wanting to rescue these poor snakes. I have a pet store around here that has the saddest looking ball python I have ever seen. If I had any money and room for it I would have brought it home even though I know you shouldn't buy them because that just exacerbates the problem. But this poor snake has stuck shed all over him at least one layer and possibly more. The tank his in is smaller than a 10 gallon with no thermometer or hygrometer so who know what the temps and humidity are. I was so mad when I left there.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakemom85 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-13-2019),punkrawkah (10-14-2019)

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to punkrawkah For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-13-2019)

Thanks

Re: MORPH MARKET WORLD OF BALL PYTHONS BP.NET Where have I been all these years!!!

So cute.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakemom85 For This Useful Post:

punkrawkah (10-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Hey... We're so glad you found us here...we love hearing your snake adventures, & you sure aren't the only one that's crazy about snakes...there's a whole
    tribe of us here.

One tiny hint...long posts are much easier to read if you make shorter paragraphs...you know, throw in an empty line now & then.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

punkrawkah (10-14-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punkrawkah View Post
    That’s not a queen bee. Also, bring up your concerns to the stores management. It won’t change where they get the animals from but maybe they’ll take better care of them. No store wants to be associated with animal abuse. Congratulations on getting back into the hobby! I don’t really see why you got rid of your boa though. Just keep it away from the kid. Idk the full story though. I just don’t see how it’s dangerous to a child in a locked enclosure. Hopefully all goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkL1561 For This Useful Post:

punkrawkah (10-14-2019)

Thanks

I believe that picture is of the banana het clown that the op mentioned at the beginning of his post.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakemom85 For This Useful Post:

punkrawkah (10-14-2019)

Thanks

I know thats my banana het clown I mentioned in my post. sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

I will try to get a pic of her up tonight. Im having issues with my file sizes for uploading pics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakemom85 View Post
    I believe that picture is of the banana het clown that the op mentioned at the beginning of his post.

Ahhh... oops, must’ve skimmed over that. My bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast