Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,752

0 members and 2,752 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GHI pastel?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: GHI pastel?

And this is why I don't think they are ghost, ghost makes them way more faded out. This pic is from wobp of a ghi Mojave ghost, not of yours are even close imo.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks again rufretic. Those are some nice looking cinnamon ghi and very helpful. Comparing them with the ghi Mojave on wobp I'm thinking I'm seeing some patterns regarding the side patterns. When you look at your cinnamon ghi from the side would you say that the light pattern areas tend to have a closed bottom and not open down into the belly? Also, the dark inside the light loops on yours seems to be a pretty uniform smudge expanding to almost take up the entire light side pattern but leaving a distinct light ring around the edges. I'm probably not describing well but not sure I could annotate a picture crop to do any better.

On the ghi Mojave I'm seeing the light side elements tending to be farther apart (wider dark in-between), more likely to open into the belly area, and the dark inside the light side loops is more chaotic.

Based on these I'm thinking both my #2 and #3 are likely both cinnamon ghi although the dark smudges in the light loops on their sides aren't quite as uniform as yours looks to be. I think my #3 also has fire or whatever my light gene is (I still haven't given up completely on hypo as I think all the really nice looking ones are a little older) and #2 is darker due to chocolate added to cinnamon with chocolate also showing in the back of the head bar in #2. At least that's my theory for today.

I think my #1 male and #1 female might be cinnamon ghi Mojave hopefully with chocolate based on the wobp cinnamon ghi Mojave pics. Both of those also seem to have whatever my lightening gene is and of course I'm hoping chocolate based on rich brown color but can't really be sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Sorry I didn't see your response.
    I do believe most of my side pattern closes before reaching the belly. I also have a bit of variation on how strong the side pattern shows, I think all the ones I posted are ones showing more side pattern, then two of the others have the side pattern noticeably more faded out. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with if they are het DG or not or if it's just standard variation with this combo. One other thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is the color of the dorsal stripe, this is the main difference I noticed between mine and ghi Mojave. Mine are tan with a slight orangey brown tint where as the ghi Mojave I've compared them to have a much more yellow colored dorsal strip. This comparison is at hatchling age and they both fade a bit with age making them a more similar color.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    2nd shed didn't make mine look any more ghost like so I've got to give up on the hope I hatched some hypos. Still not sure if the lightening gene some of them do have is fire or pastel. I don't have much of any GHI experience but this one is too bright to be just GHI, right?

Also, not sure what all genes made it into the two stripy ones. Here is the male post 2nd shed. Such a nice brown surely he has chocolate and cinnamon. Way less side pattern than chocolate cinnamon Mojave mom so thinking GHI is in there but is Mojave too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12