Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,006

1 members and 3,005 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GHI pastel?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

GHI pastel?

[URL="https://ball-pythons.net/gallery//showimage.php?i=59278"][/URL

Is this GHI also pastel? Bought him in a hurry as expo closing and didn't write stuff down. Now trying to id his offspring.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyRemington For This Useful Post:

cletus (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    He's definitely more than GHI, they are way more black. I would say pastel is a possibility but I'm not familiar with how pastel GHI looks as an adult, I just know for sure he's not just GHI.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

GHI pastel?

Looks like kind of like a ghost ghi
    I have 3 Ghi pastels and they are more yellow .

Kaos Balls
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks you two! I think the picture turned out a little brighter than life. I bred him to a dark combo possible het ghost and think I have half ghost babies but am worried might be pastel instead. Should have a better idea on them after another shed or two. I have noticed het ghosts tend to be lighter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyRemington For This Useful Post:

rufretic (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    Post pics of the hatchlings, I'd love to see them and they may help with figuring out the ID.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ok, you asked for it …

Here is an old pic of mom when she was young, one of the first Chocolate Cinnamon Mojave

I've only hatched two but neither had patternless sides so I'm thinking her kids that are patternless have something else and the only thing I know for sure they could get from Dad is GHI.

Here is daughter #4 which looks the most like the GHI dad. I do think she might have chocolate based on the width of the black but I'm really not that familiar with GHI

Female #3 I think is GHI Mojave and maybe hypo based on head. I also wonder if her axanthic look is due to a cinnamon and hypo combo

Female #2 has even less side pattern but more yellow. Again, got to be GHI and Mojave, right? Maybe chocolate with the light bar at the back of the head I often see in my Garcia line.

Could female #1 be chocolate cinnamon ghi Mojave ghost? She also has the axanthic look which I'm thinking is from cinnamon + hypo.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Here are the boys.

Male #2 I'm thinking cinnamon chocolate based on the rich brown color and the fading to white in the dark areas on the lower sides but could cinnamon Mojave do the same? The abnormal light on the head might be more of a chocolate thing.

I'd love for male #1 to have everything as I want to keep him as a breeder but wondering if he is missing something female #1 has:

I really want him to have GHI so as to upgrade his dad but not sure he is dark enough (but why way less pattern than mom if not also GHI?) and of course hypo/ghost would be very nice but might have to wait another shed or more to be sure on that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyRemington For This Useful Post:

rufretic (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    You're right, now I'm confused lol. At least they are all beautiful! The problem is you have quite a few genes in the mix that react similar with ghi. I believe all are ghi but the obvious cinnamon male. None of them look like pastel to me except possibly female 4 but shes still not quite right.
    I'm wondering if the gene is fire? It looks like a few could be fire. I honestly don't see ghost in any of them but I don't work with ghost so I'm definitely no expert on it. The only other helpful info that I can give you is that the cinnamon ghi that I produced looks almost exactly like female number two and that's what mine is for sure because that's all that was in the mix.

Beautiful clutch either way, good luck figuring them out.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks rufretic. I hadn't considered fire. I'd much rather it be hypo but if they don't look a lot more ghost after the next shed I'll have to admit you are on to something.

I also didn't realize that GHI could do the same really dark shift for other genes like it does for Mojave. I went to worldofballpythons and looked up GHI cinnamon and the two examples there are quite different but certainly puts some of mine in that range. Unfortunately that leaves me less sure as I thought all the dark ones where Mojave GHI but I guess could be GHI Cinnamon or maybe even GHI something else.

In addition to wanting to weed Pastel and I guess fire out of my dark snake projects I don't want cinnamon on both sides for fear of producing kinked super cinnamons. So now I'm leaning towards keeping female #4 as I'm also not sure I want to produce super Mojave (although a super Mojave super GHI male could be a nice breeder). But if she is fire maybe I should just buy or trade for an unrelated chocolate ghi ghost female.

Thanks

Re: GHI pastel?

No problem, I try to help if I can. The ghi cinnys came out quite different than I was expecting for the same reason, wobp has 2 completely different examples but I'll post a pic of mine and you'll see what I'm talking about. My pairing was super cinny x ghi, so that's what they are 100%. 1 got 5 and they are all pretty similar other than some that had more or less side pattern, they are also 50% het DG so that could play a factor.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast