Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,096

3 members and 3,093 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

2020 Breeding Season Plans

I am beginning some pairings for the upcoming season so thought it was time to start the new thread. This year I plan to produce 5 or 6 clutches which will be the most I have done in a single season to date. I have more recessive stuff in the works and then some ideas for pairings just to produce some eye candy.

The first pairing is a 1.0 Pied/Ghost X 0.1 Yellow belly het Ghost. This may be the last pairing for this male as I really need to get some other stock mixed in. I have a couple female hets that are almost to size and then I should be able to start making some nice combos that include Pied and Ghost.

The second pairing I am pretty excited about. I've been growing these two up since 2016. Deborah may recognize one of them since she produced it. This pairing is a 1.0 Enchi dbl het Clown/Ghost to a 0.1 Normal dbl het Clown/Ghost.

There's more to come.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

DaDe_Reptiles (12-06-2019),Godzilla78 (10-10-2019),LyraIsGray (05-19-2020),rufretic (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Nice pairings. Good luck hitting the dr, I hope the odds gods are with you because those will be some amazing animals. I'm really excited to see what you do with your spotnose clown and that orange dream girl I almost purchased, how are they doing, will they be ready to go this year? I'm bad on timeframe, they may be too young still but if I remember right you got that orange dream girl right around when I got my enchi OD and shes already up to size and locking monthly. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for them, I think they are my favorites of yours and that says a lot because you have a lot of beautiful animals. Good luck this season!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (10-10-2019)

Thanks

Re: 2020 Breeding Season Plans

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Nice pairings. Good luck hitting the dr, I hope the odds gods are with you because those will be some amazing animals. I'm really excited to see what you do with your spotnose clown and that orange dream girl I almost purchased, how are they doing, will they be ready to go this year? I'm bad on timeframe, they may be too young still but if I remember right you got that orange dream girl right around when I got my enchi OD and shes already up to size and locking monthly. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for them, I think they are my favorites of yours and that says a lot because you have a lot of beautiful animals. Good luck this season!
    Thanks Ruf,
    I may have used you up all my good fortune this season with the two clutches I produced. The results were way better than I had hoped.

The Spotnose girl is already up to about 1600+ grams and I will be pairing her with a fella I have in quarantine at the moment. I'll disclose the genetics when I put them together and get a pic of the lock. I don't think it will disappoint.

Unfortunately, the OD girl took an incredibly long time to get started eating. I tried live, F/T, mice, rats, etc. Finally got her to start taking small mice but only after I'd pre-kill them and leave them in her tub at night with the lights out. Once I figured that out it went on for a while and she put on a few hundred grams and then she stopped eating again. Was feeding another animal a rat pup and it didn't take it. I put it in with her just out of desperation and she ate it. Mind you that was really an undersized prey item at the time but I think everything else intimidated her. She is finally eating live rat smalls now but is at least a year behind what I had hoped. She is right around 1000 grams. I have to remind myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

rufretic (10-10-2019)

Thanks

Here is another pairing for this season. I'm pretty excited on this one. 0.1 Spotnose Clown X 1.0 Leopard Lesser het Clown. I missed getting a pick of the lock last night because they were in a bad position for a photo. I took a pic this morning and I'll leave them together the rest of the day to see if they'll lock again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

DaDe_Reptiles (12-06-2019),rufretic (12-11-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Here is another pairing for this season. I'm pretty excited on this one. 0.1 Spotnose Clown X 1.0 Leopard Lesser het Clown. I missed getting a pick of the lock last night because they were in a bad position for a photo. I took a pic this morning and I'll leave them together the rest of the day to see if they'll lock again.

Don't know how I missed this, sorry for the late response. Really nice choice for her! I'm really excited you paired her to something with leopard, I'm a huge fan of leopard spotnose combos and I would of done the same with her. As a matter a fact I am going for leopard spotnose combos myself this year but instead of clown, my main recessive projects are Desert ghost. Maybe if we are both lucky enough to get more than what we plan to holdback we can workout a trade

On a side note, your spotnose clown girl looks to be aging really well! She still has that beautiful contrast and looks to be remaining super clean. I hope you have some great luck with this pairing, she's going to make some beautiful babies!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Don't know how I missed this, sorry for the late response. Really nice choice for her! I'm really excited you paired her to something with leopard, I'm a huge fan of leopard spotnose combos and I would of done the same with her. As a matter a fact I am going for leopard spotnose combos myself this year but instead of clown, my main recessive projects are Desert ghost. Maybe if we are both lucky enough to get more than what we plan to holdback we can workout a trade

On a side note, your spotnose clown girl looks to be aging really well! She still has that beautiful contrast and looks to be remaining super clean. I hope you have some great luck with this pairing, she's going to make some beautiful babies!
    Thanks Ruf. I'm pretty psyched to see what comes from this pairing. I would be super excited to hit the four gene combo. I can't find a pic of one anywhere.

I am interested to see what you get. DG is one recessive gene I have yet to dip my toe into the waters of. Best of luck.

Thanks

Thanks Ruf. I'm pretty psyched to see what comes from this pairing. I would be super excited to hit the four gene combo. I can't find a pic of one anywhere.

I am interested to see what you get. DG is one recessive gene I have yet to dip my toe into the waters of. Best of luck.

3 genes and hitting the recessive seems like a long shot but it's really not bad odds, you just need a little luck but it definitely can happen. This year I had a similar pairing 2 gene visual x 2 gene het and we hit 4 3 gene visuals(4 gene total). Yeah we had an extra gene in the mix but still, all you need to hit is one so it's definitely possible. I have not seen that combo either so I'm really rooting for you to hit it. Good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (12-12-2019)

Thanks

Here is an updated pic. It looks like things are progressing nicely with this girl. She's building and bowl wrapping and appears to be lightening up a bit. Hope everyone is doing well and weathering the storm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

rufretic (04-10-2020)

Thanks

Here is an updated pic. It looks like things are progressing nicely with this girl. She's building and bowl wrapping and appears to be lightening up a bit. Hope everyone is doing well and weathering the storm.

Good luck, I really hope she goes for you.
    I knew that girl was going to be nice, I saw another spotnose clown adult the other day and I wasn't impressed but it made me wonder how your girl was doing. She looks like shes holding her color and contrast well and is still nice and clean. She's really a great example! Can't wait to see what she produces for you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (04-10-2020)

Thanks

Here is what I was waiting to see. It isn't extremely dramatic, but definitely an Ovy. With any luck, I'll have eggs in the incubator in about 7 weeks. Stay tuned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast