Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,801

0 members and 2,801 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Banana black pastel?

Just wanted to say first that the picture I'm posting isn't mine, but was shared in one of the ball python facebook groups. But my question is, is this just banana black pastel, or is anything else present? I ask, because if this picture isn't edited, this is one of the prettiest morph combos I've ever seen.

And also, how would one go about choosing a ball like this for quality? Just by looking at the parents, and/or getting a brighter juvenile?

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-10-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In this particular case seeing the parents or picking out a certain hatchlings will not be indicative of what the animal will look in the future.

With banana combos they vary greatly however what we know is that the black pastel will do to things accentuate the purple and accentuate the spotting. They obviously do not start out that way but when they start developing spots they do so at an increase rate compare to other banana combos.
    Deborah Stewart

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Awesomethepossum (10-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-08-2019),Godzilla78 (10-10-2019)

Thanks

Re: Banana black pastel?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    In this particular case seeing the parents or picking out a certain hatchlings will not be indicative of what the animal will look in the future.

With banana combos they vary greatly however what we know is that the black pastel will do to things accentuate the purple and accentuate the spotting. They obviously do not start out that way but when they start developing spots they do so at an increase rate compare to other banana combos.
    So it's kind of a mixed bag? I ask because I sort of assumed there was more in there..but I'm still just new to all of this. That's really cool that they can vary so much, I just havent seen anything like that before as an adult.

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    So it's kind of a mixed bag? I ask because I sort of assumed there was more in there..but I'm still just new to all of this. That's really cool that they can vary so much, I just havent seen anything like that before as an adult.

Could there be more? Could be but since I have a picture with no background on pairing and I have not seen the clutch when it first hatch hard to tell, but if I had to guess I would say YB may be involved.

Most people post pictures of hatchling they rarely post pictures of adults but it is at a very minimum Banana Black Pastel and it does follow the normal changes seen in Banana Black Pastel for the rest it's a guess.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Awesomethepossum (10-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Could there be more? Could be but since I have a picture with no background on pairing and I have not seen the clutch when it first hatch hard to tell, but if I had to guess I would say YB may be involved.

Most people post pictures of hatchling they rarely post pictures of adults but it is at a very minimum Banana Black Pastel and it does follow the normal changes seen in Banana Black Pastel for the rest it's a guess.
    That's a fair answer, I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Thanks

As it turns out, this snake is actually a coral glow black pastel 100% het pied. Luckily, someone reached out to me to clarify. My mistake!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Banana black pastel?

Same morph, different lines: Coral Glow and banana are.

Kaos Balls
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-10-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Same morph, different lines: Coral Glow and banana are.

Kaos Balls
    Oh, I didn't realize...shows I have a lot to learn. Thank you for clarifying