Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,559

15 members and 1,544 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Caspian163 (34)

» Stats

Members: 66,168
Threads: 240,941
Posts: 2,502,725
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, chelytoad
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 179 Times in 62 Posts
    Images: 8

    Banana black pastel?

    Just wanted to say first that the picture I'm posting isn't mine, but was shared in one of the ball python facebook groups. But my question is, is this just banana black pastel, or is anything else present? I ask, because if this picture isn't edited, this is one of the prettiest morph combos I've ever seen.

    And also, how would one go about choosing a ball like this for quality? Just by looking at the parents, and/or getting a brighter juvenile?

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

    Godzilla78 (10-10-2019)

  3. #2
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    24,300
    Thanks
    5,991
    Thanked 19,798 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6
    In this particular case seeing the parents or picking out a certain hatchlings will not be indicative of what the animal will look in the future.

    With banana combos they vary greatly however what we know is that the black pastel will do to things accentuate the purple and accentuate the spotting. They obviously do not start out that way but when they start developing spots they do so at an increase rate compare to other banana combos.
    Deborah Stewart

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

    Awesomethepossum (10-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-08-2019),Godzilla78 (10-10-2019)

  5. #3
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 179 Times in 62 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Banana black pastel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    In this particular case seeing the parents or picking out a certain hatchlings will not be indicative of what the animal will look in the future.

    With banana combos they vary greatly however what we know is that the black pastel will do to things accentuate the purple and accentuate the spotting. They obviously do not start out that way but when they start developing spots they do so at an increase rate compare to other banana combos.
    So it's kind of a mixed bag? I ask because I sort of assumed there was more in there..but I'm still just new to all of this. That's really cool that they can vary so much, I just havent seen anything like that before as an adult.


    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  6. #4
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    24,300
    Thanks
    5,991
    Thanked 19,798 Times in 9,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6

    Re: Banana black pastel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    So it's kind of a mixed bag? I ask because I sort of assumed there was more in there..but I'm still just new to all of this. That's really cool that they can vary so much, I just havent seen anything like that before as an adult.


    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog
    Could there be more? Could be but since I have a picture with no background on pairing and I have not seen the clutch when it first hatch hard to tell, but if I had to guess I would say YB may be involved.

    Most people post pictures of hatchling they rarely post pictures of adults but it is at a very minimum Banana Black Pastel and it does follow the normal changes seen in Banana Black Pastel for the rest it's a guess.
    Deborah Stewart

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

    Awesomethepossum (10-08-2019)

  8. #5
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 179 Times in 62 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Banana black pastel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Could there be more? Could be but since I have a picture with no background on pairing and I have not seen the clutch when it first hatch hard to tell, but if I had to guess I would say YB may be involved.

    Most people post pictures of hatchling they rarely post pictures of adults but it is at a very minimum Banana Black Pastel and it does follow the normal changes seen in Banana Black Pastel for the rest it's a guess.
    That's a fair answer, I really appreciate your help. Thank you

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  9. #6
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 179 Times in 62 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Banana black pastel?

    As it turns out, this snake is actually a coral glow black pastel 100% het pied. Luckily, someone reached out to me to clarify. My mistake!

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  10. #7
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-19-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    2,354
    Thanks
    3,236
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,180 Posts

    Banana black pastel?

    Same morph, different lines: Coral Glow and banana are.


    Kaos Balls
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-10-2019 at 07:12 PM.

  11. #8
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 179 Times in 62 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Banana black pastel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Same morph, different lines: Coral Glow and banana are.


    Kaos Balls
    Oh, I didn't realize...shows I have a lot to learn. Thank you for clarifying

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1