Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,774

1 members and 2,773 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: 16 month old male BP - started striking in the last 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by HNECdn View Post
    I think you guys are right with the meal size! i just fed them and he is ravenous!!! Ok, I will try rats next week, I already have some, he's just been picky. That being said, he may not be as picky if he isn't getting enough nutrients. My vet also suggested injecting mice with nutrients? Anyone have any suggestions?
    Yes,

Find a better reptile vet. I'm all for feeding healthy and correctly fed rodents and, if the rodent's you are buying look out of condition etc then by all means find a better supplier. But injecting nutrients into a rat or mouse shouldn't really be needed.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Re: 16 month old male BP - started striking in the last 2 weeks

Remember to feed a rat that is roughly the width of the widest part of your snake. Take your thumb and index finger and put it around your snakes stomach to get a size estimate. It’s ok if the rodent is slightly larger imo Also, ball pythons are notorious for fasting in the winter so I would feed every week if he’s eating. Remember to wait 48 hours after he eats to handle him. You can use gloves if he’s nippy. A snake hook may also be a good investment. Pangea makes a collapsible one that quite nice for the price. Hopefully this helps. Let us know how he does with the feeding changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12