Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,150

0 members and 3,150 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Who would you choose in this pairing?

I have a Bumblebee het lavender female around 2000g, absolutely beautiful held on to her yellow nicely and with awesome high white. I originally was planning to pair my Lavender het pied male to her. But early September I picked up this awesome Calico Fire Orange dream at 900 grams. So here’s where I have my dilemma. I have 2 friends who after seeing my male lavender have already asked if they could buy one if I do produce some. I would plan to hold back females. But this new male has me interested in some of the possible combos. Calibees are one of my favourite morphs. And his quarantine will end in November.
    photos can’t do his oranges justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    I would follow through with the original plan and make the lavenders. Then when she's ready again you can do this new project. Sometimes it's hard not to get side tracked with new additions and start changing plans but since you were already going for the recessives and this new guy is a completely different project not an upgrade, I would just follow through with the lavenders. It honestly doesn't matter either way though, there is always the next season so just make whatever you're more anxious to have

Beautiful new pick up, I love OD calico and plan to make some with Desert Ghost, congrats!
    Last edited by rufretic; 09-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

MattEvans (09-29-2019)

Thanks
    Calico and Orange Dream were two genes I was looking to add to my collection. And it was actually the same breeder who produced the female, I was watching him grow up on his Instagram and when I saw him post it forsale i couldn't resist.
    Adding Desert Ghost would be insane.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MattEvans For This Useful Post:

rufretic (09-29-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To me having a bee het lavender albino and not use her potential with a male lavender albino is really a waste.

Ultimately it's YOUR descision.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

MattEvans (09-30-2019)

Thanks
    Yeah I agree the odds would be better in the lavender clutch. I would atleast be able to id them without trouble. Maybe a few years down the line once I build up my recessives I can add him in. And he can always be a back up plan aswell. Thanks for the input.