Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,832

0 members and 2,832 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: pale mouth, wheezing, but clear airway? RI?

since she has a history of wheezing (more like whistling) i always check when she sheds and yep. theyre there. I looked in her nostrils with a flashlight but didnt see anything that was dangling in there...
    Living the dream in Key West FL, an island where ball pythons seemingly come outta nowhere and into my lap to be rescued/rehabilitated...

0.1 Narcissa Malfoy 'Cissy' - Bumblebee - Age 6 - 2164g - Light case of the wobbles, rescued from breeding to future wobblers...

0.1 Lucie - Normal - Age 3.5 - 1718g - Rescued from severe abuse and neglect and after 1.5 years of constant work, she's living proof that you CAN train/condition a snake!

0.1 Alice - Yellowbelly - Age 1 - 554g - Dumped and found by local shelter, underweight and dehydrated (working on that right now)

0.1 Mrs.P - Normal - Age ~10 - 2604g - Dumped and found by the same shelter, has two cysts and a prolapse that has healed outside the body. Doesn't seem to cause issues...

GOT Q'S?
    ASK!!!!!!!

Thanks

its been a day and a half now since making this post, and I'm noticing Lucie has her head out of her hide every time I open her tub. she usually does not do that, but i figure its one of two reasons;

she skipped feeding last time and its now been over 2 weeks since her last rat, feeding day is tomorrow so perhaps she's just very hungry and anticipating it (her rack mates are all doing the 'mom dance' in anticipation of food last night and this morning, and they are in perfect health)

or she is sticking her head out as a sign of an RI. still not hearing any wheezing when shes sitting still, tongue flicking is normal, her ambient temps and hot spot are higher now and she seems less sluggish.

thoughts? I feel like shes just hungry. still keeping a close eye on her, checking her often and still dont see anything fishy, I would look into her mouth again but I feel its not worth the wrestle and stressing her even more. she has PTSD from her abuser about her head and face so i didnt want to backtrack on all the conditioning and training work ive had with her these last years.
    Living the dream in Key West FL, an island where ball pythons seemingly come outta nowhere and into my lap to be rescued/rehabilitated...

0.1 Narcissa Malfoy 'Cissy' - Bumblebee - Age 6 - 2164g - Light case of the wobbles, rescued from breeding to future wobblers...

0.1 Lucie - Normal - Age 3.5 - 1718g - Rescued from severe abuse and neglect and after 1.5 years of constant work, she's living proof that you CAN train/condition a snake!

0.1 Alice - Yellowbelly - Age 1 - 554g - Dumped and found by local shelter, underweight and dehydrated (working on that right now)

0.1 Mrs.P - Normal - Age ~10 - 2604g - Dumped and found by the same shelter, has two cysts and a prolapse that has healed outside the body. Doesn't seem to cause issues...

GOT Q'S?
    ASK!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts
    Sounds like hunger to me too.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Droxalope_94 (09-25-2019)

Thanks

final update: lucie and the rest of the girls all ate last night, with no problems. she seems content now, and temps are higher in her tub.

GOT Q'S?
    ASK!!!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droxalope_94 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-26-2019),dr del (09-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts
    Very glad for the update...success always feels good.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Droxalope_94 (09-29-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12