Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,037

2 members and 2,035 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Question ReptiChip varieties: BabiChip, RediChip, MicroChip, etc??

Hi, so are these different types of Reptichip completely new or something? I'm talking about the ones I listed in the thread title, which come dry in a bag. I can't seem to find ANY reviews or information about them anywhere. I'm interested in trying Reptichip but I can't figure out which size of chip would be best for me/my ball pythons Anyone have any insight on these, outside of the basic Reptichip? Links to reviews if you have them would also be really helpful. Thanks!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: ReptiChip varieties: BabiChip, RediChip, MicroChip, etc??

Hi Guy,

The Brick is the original reptichip and that's what I'd suggest for you. The Bags are a format targeting specific customers or are design to not have dust, or to be ready to use from the bag, no time to re-hydrate.

I keep the bricks on hand.

Paul

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's not that coconut chips are new they have bee used in horticulture and snake/reptile keeping for a long time (well if you are old school and have been around in this industry hobby for over a decade or two) but it is the first time that they have been specifically advertised/geared toward snake keepers.

Now are those great products? Yes coconut chips regardless of the brand are great products because of their unique property compare to other beddings.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    It's not that coconut chips are new they have bee used in horticulture and snake/reptile keeping for a long time (well if you are old school and have been around in this industry hobby for over a decade or two) but it is the first time that they have been specifically advertised/geared toward snake keepers.

Now are those great products? Yes coconut chips regardless of the brand are great products because of their unique property compare to other beddings.
    Oh yes totally. I didn't mean I thought that coconut fibers/chips were new. I just meant the different sizes of the Reptichip-specific brand, because all anyone ever talks about is the brick. And I'm curious to see people's results with the other products they have available. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks

I have briefly (for a week) used reptile prime. Used in it an aquarium at that. Easy to keep humidity with that stuff. Didn’t feed on it since it was only a week. But everything I have been told is it will be fine, and it seems as if it will. Their rather fine pieces so even if the snake swallows a piece it should be alright. Spot cleaning was simple, my Suriname pooped/peed while she was on it. Great absorbtion and I didn’t notice any smell. I just ordered a bag about 2 hours ago. I only switched her off it because I came to realize she had mites. So she’s on paper towel for now, and for probably at least another month, assuming I’m correct in these pesky insects are gone, which they seem to be.