Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

0 members and 2,966 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Question Update!

So, I've ID'd the rest of the clutch as leopard spider, leopard spider pastel, and leopard spider super pastel. This one still vexes me. He's had one shed and is developing very pale yellow.
    I'm thinking super pastel lesser leopard pinstripe? Maybe? This is the only one from the clutch that doesn't look as obviously spider to me though he looks a bit like this one
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...ouded-leopard/ and this one but his pattern is busier, http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/gumball

Another shot of mom

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    If your guess is correct and the father is pastel leopard which I think looks correct for all the other babies, then I'm pretty sure you hit all the genes with this one, super pastel, black pastel, spider and leopard. That's my guess at least and I could see it being correct. The coloring reminds me of a dreamcatcher which is pastel fire black pastel OD. I don't think you have OD or fire in the mix but if you hit the super pastel that would make up for not having fire in the mix giving yours a similar color and the crazy busy pattern would be from the leopard and spider. Either that or you have another unaccounted for gene in the mix but I'm not spotting anything else in the rest of the clutch. Sometimes when you get so many genes in one snake, it does some crazy stuff and they don't end up looking like you would expect. Cool snake whatever it is, congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12