Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,999

0 members and 2,999 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    For Full grown Bloods Christmas tree totes is not optimal because the Blood is too heavy. It will buckle the bottom of the tub. Now if you never move the tub to an area where it will not have support, then this is something to worry about. IE Sliding the tub in an out of a rack setup. If the tub will always be on a hard surface I don't think you will need to worry much. This is just something to keep in mind.

As far as temperment many bloods got a bad rap on temperment because they were mostly WC or CH. now that there have been a few CB generations their attitude has calmed down quite a bit. The blood I have is a puppy dog. He sits in my lap for about an hour at a time before he decides he has been handled enough. Also the more I handle him the longer he is able to stay out every time. With my blood I handle him on the weekends, because during the week I am not home. I absolutely adore my Blood python. Between my 2 snakes the Blood is my favorite. His colors are coming out nicely. That is one good thing about the STP's, you never know what they will look like as adults. I mean you can get a good idea from the parents, but even then its not a guarantee.

Owning STPs can be very rewarding. They grow quite quickly, they only poop once a month at most. Their care isn't easy, but its also not absolutely impossible. Its a good intermediate snake. I would recommend getting a male, because they are smaller, and easier to handle. Also in my reading I have not found anything that says male STP's get an attitude due to hormones. I have seen and read this on other species, but have not been able to find anything on STPs that suggest that they have issues once they are adults. I could be wrong about this. I would go around and ask some breeders. If you need some breeder contacts hmu on here and I will give you their facebook names.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Ivylovessnakes (09-25-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh yea... one more thing. a lap snake is the perfect description of Blood pythons. My blood stays on my lap and watches TV with me. now I dont mean that he just sits there... no he actively watches tv and reacts to the colors on the screen. If the colors get real bright and change quickly he will jerk back. I've never seen anything like this before, and I have posted about it, but its is just so wierd to watch.

Thanks

Re: Sumatran Short Tail - Right For Me?

Thank you for the advice!

I do want to ask, is there any good tote you would recommend? I'm looking into an Animal Plastics enclosure, but I'm also down to create one from a storage tub. Specifically something with locking lids, for security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12