Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,155

2 members and 2,153 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts
    Congrats on hopefully getting the new place! The last few days before closing is always the most stressful. I hate the hurry up and wait game, I don't know how realtors can do it.

One thing I've heard in the past is to not make any major changes to a house the first year. You want to just live in it and get settled in. It also gives you time to take note of how things work with the property. Things like where does sun light hit at certain times of the year. A spot that might be getting a lot of sun right now could be mostly shady in spring time when you want fruits and veggies to grow. Heavy rains could cause spots of standing water or erosion from flowing water that that previous owner covered up. etc...

I'm glad things are starting to look up for you!
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

Skyrivers (09-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Buying a home is a pain the butt. The excitement, the chase, the frustration of being rejected or lost to another seller, etc... Those cash only investors made it all the worse. They get to skip the appraisal process and close early. Did you get your inspection done beforehand? The roof can be troublesome if it is an older home, as well as the wiring, piping, etc. The cosmetic stuff can come later and some buyers would try to cover the problems up by wowing the seller with its remodeled kitchen and bathrooms (which are still nice to have but don't let it distract you).

If I could do it again, I would remodel my new home before moving in, like changing out the flooring or painting the walls. Once moved in, and you have animals, it may not be as easy to do.

Anyways, good luck and fingers crossed. It is a beautiful home.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Closing Thursday. Wish me well.

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    Congrats on hopefully getting the new place! The last few days before closing is always the most stressful. I hate the hurry up and wait game, I don't know how realtors can do it.

One thing I've heard in the past is to not make any major changes to a house the first year. You want to just live in it and get settled in. It also gives you time to take note of how things work with the property. Things like where does sun light hit at certain times of the year. A spot that might be getting a lot of sun right now could be mostly shady in spring time when you want fruits and veggies to grow. Heavy rains could cause spots of standing water or erosion from flowing water that that previous owner covered up. etc...

I'm glad things are starting to look up for you!
    Sounds like good advice. I know will take me a couple of years to get everything like I want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Buying a home is a pain the butt. The excitement, the chase, the frustration of being rejected or lost to another seller, etc... Those cash only investors made it all the worse. They get to skip the appraisal process and close early. Did you get your inspection done beforehand? The roof can be troublesome if it is an older home, as well as the wiring, piping, etc. The cosmetic stuff can come later and some buyers would try to cover the problems up by wowing the seller with its remodeled kitchen and bathrooms (which are still nice to have but don't let it distract you).

If I could do it again, I would remodel my new home before moving in, like changing out the flooring or painting the walls. Once moved in, and you have animals, it may not be as easy to do.

Anyways, good luck and fingers crossed. It is a beautiful home.
    So much of this I have experienced along the way. I did inspection early on and the house appraised. The AC was serviced and the Gurage door was repaired. Everything else is small cosmetic that I can fix. Roof is 5 years old. The house was built in 2008. I have walked the house inside and out several times myself also. Lots of learning to do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (09-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Best wishes!!!
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Closing delayed because of the storm in the gulf. Will be next week before we can close now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (09-26-2019)

Thanks

Whoot! I am ready to move in.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

dr del (09-28-2019),richardhind1972 (09-26-2019)

Thanks
    When are u supposed to close? Also good for u! It great to see people succeed in life.

One thing i love about houson hoisin is we have some cool houses here. Whatever your stile we have it. It’s a very diverse place with styling and architecture. And u picked a beautiful home
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

Thanks
    what a cool house!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12