Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,752

2 members and 2,750 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Lavender Albinos and Dreamsicles.

I have a question with Dreamsicle genetics. I have a female Lavender Albino 66% het pied. I know the 66% het is a gamble. Is it a possibility to produce a Dreamsicle (25% chance) by breeding her to a male Lavender Albino het pied? So my thinking is if the female doesn't prove out you still get all Lavender Albinos. I used the genetic calculator on Morph Market, but wasn't sure how accurate it is. Am I thinking about this right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Yes, you would actually have good odds of producing dreamsicle with lavender albino het pied x lavender albino het pied if your girl proves out. The only bad thing about that pairing is that all the lavender albinos that are not pied will only be 50% het pied if she doesn't prove out and I believe 66% if she does. Still one of the best ways to produce DR imo. The only pairings that are better are lavender albino het pied x pied het lavender albino because all the babies that are not DR will at least be 100% het and of course lavender albino pied x lavender albino pied because you get all visual DR.

Thanks

Re: Lavender Albinos and Dreamsicles.

Quote Originally Posted by bkidd1187 View Post
    I have a question with Dreamsicle genetics. I have a female Lavender Albino 66% het pied. I know the 66% het is a gamble. Is it a possibility to produce a Dreamsicle (25% chance) by breeding her to a male Lavender Albino het pied? So my thinking is if the female doesn't prove out you still get all Lavender Albinos. I used the genetic calculator on Morph Market, but wasn't sure how accurate it is. Am I thinking about this right?
    The statistical probabilities from a lav het pied x lav het pied are:

25% Dreamsicles

75% Lavender Albino (66% Het Pied)

If your female ends up being not het for pied the statistical probabilities are:

100% Lavender (50% Het Pied)

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks

I would also note that if you don't get a dreamsicle on your first go, that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't prove. It could just mean you got bad odds (missed the 25%). Depending on how things go, you may ending up breeding her 3-4 times before writing her off as only lavender albino. Best result is that she proves on the first go so you know for sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

TopNotchPythons (09-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I would also note that if you don't get a dreamsicle on your first go, that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't prove. It could just mean you got bad odds (missed the 25%). Depending on how things go, you may ending up breeding her 3-4 times before writing her off as only lavender albino. Best result is that she proves on the first go so you know for sure.
    Excellent point.

Dont give up if she doesn't prove out right away, especially if it's a small clutch!