Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,954

4 members and 2,950 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Retained eye caps ?

My snake just shedded and I wanted to double check if he still had retained eye caps or if everything is good with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    check the shed, i do every time. As long as your husbandry is correct everything should be just fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

BV2 (09-13-2019)

Thanks

Re: Retained eye caps ?

The humidity has been 62-67 since the shed he’s gotten all the skin off from head to tail. I assisted with some of it. He got the skin ripped open to about just below his head and after that I soaked him and used a damp towel to peel back the rest from there. It pretty much came off pretty easy and in one piece. I just did this about 10-15 minutes ago and his skin looks pretty nice I’m just not sure about the eyes they look pretty clear but I wasn’t sure if I was suppose to take the eye caps off myself if he were to have them still on or if they would come off themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: Retained eye caps ?

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    The humidity has been 62-67 since the shed he’s gotten all the skin off from head to tail. I assisted with some of it. He got the skin ripped open to about just below his head and after that I soaked him and used a damp towel to peel back the rest from there. It pretty much came off pretty easy and in one piece. I just did this about 10-15 minutes ago and his skin looks pretty nice I’m just not sure about the eyes they look pretty clear but I wasn’t sure if I was suppose to take the eye caps off myself if he were to have them still on or if they would come off themselves.

I would advise against you trying to remove them manually .. if the eyecaps are indeed retained they will prob come off with the next full shedding .

You can always wrap up the snake on a wet / damp rough textured towel and let it slither around inside the towel ... applying very , very gentle pressure to the head / eye region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

BV2 (09-13-2019)