Does anybody have any opinions or advice for people out there who are fascinated and interested in learning how to handle/keep venomous snakes, but live in a state where keeping them is not authorized? I live in SoCal and have read the regulations as far as catching and killing rattlesnakes, but without a permit, it is not allowed as far as I have researched. There was literally a guy a few weeks ago on CL selling a rattlesnake with an enclosure, so obviously people are doing it regardless, but I am not that type of person and my line of work definitely does not allow for any foul play. I am more interested in getting experience with them and just don't know if there is a way or if anybody has gotten a permit in the state. Does one really have to move to a different state to do it legally? I really do not like Texas THAT much, haha.

I do watch certain videos on YouTube and would never consider free-handling any of these snakes. What certain people have taught me is that: they are always to be removed and secured before cleaning, always use a hook to open and close the enclosures, and the general safety books that outline what to do in case of emergency. If I ever get the chance to do it, it will be done correctly, safely and respectfully.

Cheers