Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,202

3 members and 3,199 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Well, MA just put a ban in place, effective immediately. A four month ban. So freaking stupid. I can't vape at 40 years old, but at 18 you can go to war and die for your country...
    I can understand how unfair & lopsided that feels. On the one hand, some may want to preclude the long-term health disaster that the tobacco industry has left us with,
    but of course, there are far more cynical interpretations too. What's with the "4 month ban" anyway?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-24-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vaping Epidemic

Well, MA just put a ban in place, effective immediately. A four month ban. So freaking stupid. I can't vape at 40 years old, but at 18 you can go to war and die for your country...
    My good buddy I did basic and AIT with is from MA, he hated the laws so much he moved to Florida. I feel like over the past couple years they have proposed and even passed some crazy laws up there. It’s sad they went to that extreme to ban vaping. Can you order online and have it sent to your door or is that a no go too? The truly sad thing is all of this is over black market TCH juice, it’s just a way for the government to pick and choose who to rob of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NewmanLovesSnakes; 09-24-2019 at 03:28 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

The Vaping Epidemic

I have soooo many concerns regarding vaping .. my son ‘tells’ me he’s recently quit vaping and I hope he’s not just saying it to alleviate my worries .. I believe him 95% ..

One of my concerns with vaping is that they can’t be sure how any given chemical/liquid will react when it’s heated up in the vapouriser given the extremely high temperatures

[The e-liquid reaches a temperature of roughly 100-250 °C
    (212º-482 °F)]

Plus people are concocting their own liquids / flavours and selling online- all totally unregulated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 09-24-2019 at 03:35 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-24-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I have soooo many concerns regarding vaping .. my son ‘tells’ me he’s recently quit vaping and I hope he’s not just saying it to alleviate my worries .. I believe him 95% ..

One of my concerns with vaping is that they can’t be sure how any given chemical/liquid will react when it’s heated up in the vapouriser given the extremely high temperatures

[The e-liquid reaches a temperature of roughly 100-250 °C
    (212º-482 °F)]

Plus people are concocting their own liquids / flavours and selling online- all totally unregulated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You & me both- not to mention those that have had them explode in their faces. Smoking (anything) holds no appeal for me. I hope your son has really & truly quit for good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (09-25-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I can understand how unfair & lopsided that feels. On the one hand, some may want to preclude the long-term health disaster that the tobacco industry has left us with,
    but of course, there are far more cynical interpretations too. What's with the "4 month ban" anyway?
    I don't have a clue what the purpose of the 4 month ban is. I just went to my local shop and chatted with them. They believe it's just in place to put shops out of business. Then they either won't have the start-up capital to re-open or will just move on.

At least NY gave two weeks before the ban kicked in. MA just did it effective immediately with no thought for the business owners. They were given no time to liquidate product. Basically just shut down with no concern for the livelihoods of the owners or their families. So wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    My good buddy I did basic and AIT with is from MA, he hated the laws so much he moved to Florida. I feel like over the past couple years they have proposed and even passed some crazy laws up there. It’s sad they went to that extreme to ban vaping. Can you order online and have it sent to your door or is that a no go too? The truly sad thing is all of this is over black market TCH juice, it’s just a way for the government to pick and choose who to rob of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's kinda crazy. My town literally had a marijuana shop open yesterday, and the vape shop is being forced to close today.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for legal marijuana. It just seems so screwed up.
    After I left the vape shop a little while ago and did a quick calculation...you can walk less than 100 steps down the sidewalk and buy cigarettes and flavored vodka. But nope, can't buy vape juice. You can go less than 2 miles down the road and buy enough weed/weed products to get stoned off your butt for a week.... But I can't buy vape juice.

Government is a mess, politicians are crooked and money makes the world go round. So yeah, I'm pretty upset at the hypocrisy and lies that are fueling these bans.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-24-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (09-26-2019)

Thanks

I don't have a clue what the purpose of the 4 month ban is. I just went to my local shop and chatted with them. They believe it's just in place to put shops out of business. Then they either won't have the start-up capital to re-open or will just move on.

At least NY gave two weeks before the ban kicked in. MA just did it effective immediately with no thought for the business owners. They were given no time to liquidate product. Basically just shut down with no concern for the livelihoods of the owners or their families. So wrong....
    It was just a few days ago that I read where Walmart would stop selling e-cigarettes, but even they said it was basically effective once their existing supplies ran out.
    "Government" really needs to get their stuff together... I'm not pro-vaping but I agree this is no way to handle the issue. Nor do I personally care if you vape...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What upsets me about the vaping is that they are banning vapes without any proof as to what is causing the issue. It has been found that over 85% of the people that got sick used illegal marijuana vape carts. This is not something that happened from people using commercially available vape juice and marijuana carts. This is all from black market vape stuff. If this was from commercially available vape juice and marijuana carts MANY more people would be sick.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    What upsets me about the vaping is that they are banning vapes without any proof as to what is causing the issue. It has been found that over 85% of the people that got sick used illegal marijuana vape carts. This is not something that happened from people using commercially available vape juice and marijuana carts. This is all from black market vape stuff. If this was from commercially available vape juice and marijuana carts MANY more people would be sick.
    Might be impossible to prove what's causing the issues since the formulations vary so much? Even cigarette manufacturers didn't admit to all ingredients used either.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

It was just a few days ago that I read where Walmart would stop selling e-cigarettes, but even they said it was basically effective once their existing supplies ran out.
    "Government" really needs to get their stuff together... I'm not pro-vaping but I agree this is no way to handle the issue. Nor do I care if you personally vape...
    I hear ya, and I don't take anything as a personal attack or anything. People disagree, it's human nature. I certainly don't hold a grudge with anybody supporting bans. I just think as an adult, and as an American I should be able to choose for myself without government trying to "protect" me.

The Governor was even quoted saying that he knows cigarettes kill millions of people each year, but at least they kill you slowly. I mean come on!!!
    Alcohol has killed millions of teens through the years. There no ban there.

It's just hypocrisy and greed at it's finest.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Might be impossible to prove what's causing the issues since the formulations vary so much? Even cigarette manufacturers didn't admit to all ingredients used either.

Actually where i buy my e liquid has already done FDA testing. so I know EXACTLY what is in my vape juice.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-24-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-24-2019)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast