Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,239

0 members and 2,239 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    Well if it becomes illegal all I know is I am going to buy my stuff on the black market....
    That's where MOST of the risk is...I hope you change your mind or it doesn't come to that.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (09-14-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (09-14-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    That's where MOST of the risk is...I hope you change your mind or it doesn't come to that.
    I know I agree, but if they push this ban I will have no choice. I will have to do my homework and become a vaping expert. Until now I've depended on different stores that perform testing on their juice. Without that it's going to be difficult to do it safely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Just got 9 bottles in the mail yesterday

Thanks
    This article brings up some good points. I'm all for making our own choices in life, but good lungs come in handy...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/16/healt...ner/index.html

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

This article brings up some good points. I'm all for making our own choices in life, but good lungs come in handy...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/16/healt...ner/index.html
    I'm aware of the risks. But I stand firmly that I should be able to make my own choices. And I think it's absolute BS that government is pretending to care about our health and well-being.
    If they REALLY cared, alcohol and tobacco would be coming off shelves too. But nope, it's obviously about money.
    I'm 40 years old and don't need greedy politicians telling me I can't vape while they roll in the money Big Tobacco provides.

They way I see it, as long as I'm not harming anyone else government shouldn't be able to tell me I can't do it.

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I'm aware of the risks. But I stand firmly that I should be able to make my own choices. And I think it's absolute BS that government is pretending to care about our health and well-being.
    If they REALLY cared, alcohol and tobacco would be coming off shelves too. But nope, it's obviously about money.
    I'm 40 years old and don't need greedy politicians telling me I can't vape while they roll in the money Big Tobacco provides.

They way I see it, as long as I'm not harming anyone else government shouldn't be able to tell me I can't do it.
    Big tobacco has huge amounts of money in vaping company stock, jul is owned partially by marbro I don’t think vaping in going anywhere. Maybe some more labels and maybe restrictions in some areas but like you said to many people are making money off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

and making my choice of what to put in my body is an essential Liberty
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 09-16-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    They should ban Cigarettes as well, far more detrimental numbers than this vaping. Something like 1300 people die every day from cigarettes that’s over 47 million a year. Compare that to 88000 annual deaths from alcohol. We certainly don’t have any far more pressing things to deal with.
    The word is out on the vaping black market stuff so any one with a fair IQ can decide ya or nay based on that. I’m guessing these people responsible are from the US but why hold them accountable? What gets me the most is still the huge death toll from cigarettes getting swept under the rug.
    Ten years ago my mother died from COPD and it’s complications. A victim of the Tobacco Industry that admittedly pumped up cigarettes with more nicotine to get smokers hooked. I can not for the life of me understand why Cigarettes are readily available and legal for adults.
    So I say all or nothing on all Tobacco.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-16-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-17-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (09-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake69 View Post
    They should ban Cigarettes as well, far more detrimental numbers than this vaping. Something like 1300 people die every day from cigarettes that’s over 47 million a year. Compare that to 88000 annual deaths from alcohol. We certainly don’t have any far more pressing things to deal with.
    The word is out on the vaping black market stuff so any one with a fair IQ can decide ya or nay based on that. I’m guessing these people responsible are from the US but why hold them accountable? What gets me the most is still the huge death toll from cigarettes getting swept under the rug.
    Ten years ago my mother died from COPD and it’s complications. A victim of the Tobacco Industry that admittedly pumped up cigarettes with more nicotine to get smokers hooked. I can not for the life of me understand why Cigarettes are readily available and legal for adults.
    So I say all or nothing on all Tobacco.
    Jake, so sorry about your mom- my dad also died from a massive heart attack and suffered COPD for many years after a fairly long life of heavy smoking. So much has been swept under the rug about smoking risks, & the same will be true for vaping, because tobacco & drug companies are making lots of money at the expense of people's health that get hooked. And make no mistake, they've modified ingredients after LOTS of research to make sure that people have trouble quitting tobacco...so I'm going to assume there is little difference with vaping products, even if research is not yet completed to prove it. Other drugs that are known to be addictive are not freely sold, so why are some things OK? Money, I guess...& lots of it.

To Craig, & sur3fir3 & others in agreement with you:
    I'm all for being able to do what you want with your own body, as long as (A) what you do poses no risk to others -like when ppl drink & drive, and also (B) as long as I'm not paying for your health care as a tax-payer, at least not for any issues that are the result of self-inflicted health problems...is that fair? If you're on any sort of public health program (& I'm NOT asking- I'm just saying-) then I think that changes the equation, don't you? Our decisions all come with consequences, and if you deliberately use unhealthy addicting substances, you should be responsible for any damage that results from the poor choices you made...because the rest of us have rights too, yes?

And I wish I knew what the answer is...because we all want pain relief & enjoy pleasurable feelings...but we all don't get addicted as easily as some others do.
    Some people (myself included) can drink a half a glass of wine just now & then with dinner & never want more, & never drink to excess...but not everyone.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-16-2019 at 10:03 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (09-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Jake, so sorry about your mom- my dad also died from a massive heart attack and suffered COPD for many years after a fairly long life of heavy smoking. So much has been swept under the rug about smoking risks, & the same will be true for vaping, because tobacco & drug companies are making lots of money at the expense of people's health that get hooked. And make no mistake, they've modified ingredients after LOTS of research to make sure that people have trouble quitting tobacco...so I'm going to assume there is little difference with vaping products, even if research is not yet completed to prove it. Other drugs that are known to be addictive are not freely sold, so why are some things OK? Money, I guess...& lots of it.

To Craig, & sur3fir3 & others in agreement with you:
    I'm all for being able to do what you want with your own body, as long as (A) what you do poses no risk to others -like when ppl drink & drive, and also (B) as long as I'm not paying for your health care as a tax-payer, at least not for any issues that are the result of self-inflicted health problems...is that fair? If you're on any sort of public health program (& I'm NOT asking- I'm just saying-) then I think that changes the equation, don't you? Our decisions all come with consequences, and if you deliberately use unhealthy addicting substances, you should be responsible for any damage that results from the poor choices you made...because the rest of us have rights too, yes?

And I wish I knew what the answer is...because we all want pain relief & enjoy pleasurable feelings...but we all don't get addicted as easily as some others do.
    Some people (myself included) can drink a half a glass of wine just now & then with dinner & never want more, & never drink to excess...but not everyone.

I disagree to a point. I believe that if there is a substance that is sold that is addictive and harmful the people who sell it should be required by law to put aside a percentage of the sales to help deal with the fall out from selling said product.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (09-17-2019)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast