Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 871

2 members and 869 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I meant liberty not privacy

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    The way I see it, I'm 40 years old. I am old enough to make my own choices. Let me vape...
    "Pick your poison" as they say.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-13-2019),PitOnTheProwl (09-13-2019),Zincubus (09-14-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    "Pick your poison" as they say.
    Hey, at least this one won't land me in jail or a coffin... Well, at least not right away...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-13-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well if it becomes illegal all I know is I am going to buy my stuff on the black market. A vape store I goto sells the flavors seperate so in 2 weeks I am going to go buy $100 worth of flavoring just in case.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    Well if it becomes illegal all I know is I am going to buy my stuff on the black market. A vape store I goto sells the flavors seperate so in 2 weeks I am going to go buy $100 worth of flavoring just in case.
    I've already found some loopholes too. I'll still be vaping. Ssssshhhhh.... Don't Tell Uncle Sam

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I've already found some loopholes too. I'll still be vaping. Ssssshhhhh.... Don't Tell Uncle Sam

I figured I smoked pot for years before it become legal. It doesn't bother me to be on the other side of the law. I just hope they dont do something stupid like make it a felony or something.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (09-13-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    I figured I smoked pot for years before it become legal. It doesn't bother me to be on the other side of the law. I just hope they dont do something stupid like make it a felony or something.
    I highly doubt it will even become illegal, I just don’t see it happening. Maybe banning the certain chemical and then adding extra warnings like they do with cigs and alcohol. I would much rather smoke a blunt than vape honestly lol I’ve felt great since I kicked all the tobacco and nicotine minus the occasional gutted swisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NewmanLovesSnakes; 09-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (09-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Perspectives from a hospice nurse

This is a bit off topic but since we are talking about vaping-related deaths and regulations I just wanted to offer my perspective.

I wonder why "they" (the powers that be) do more to address the alcohol problem? As a hospice nurse I see Far More people die from alcohol-related liver disease than I ever would have imagined before I work where I do (and it's an awful death, too). My partner is a former alcoholic who has a damaged liver. I have lost 2 dear friends to liver failure due to alcoholism.

People joke about "Mommy needs wine" and can't seem to have a good time without drinking to "loosen up." I don't drink-- and I don't judge those who do, but it makes *them* feel awkward when I ask for soda instead, and there are social events where partner and I are not invited because there's drinking. It's not something people talk about-- the toll that alcohol use takes-- and how pervasive it is because it's acceptable, but it's something we should talk more about.

Anyway . . . I do see lung cancer/COPD patients too, but most of them are older.

I have only ever had a handful of drug-related deaths on our unit.

I have never had a patient yet die from marijuana. In fact many of my cancer patients find medical marijuana helpful. (Why it is illegal I have no idea, it seems the least harmful of all of them)

Most of my alcoholic liver patients are 30's to 50's, and from all walks of life, socio-economic, religious backgrounds. Way too young to be facing end of life, and totally preventable.

On a given day on my 12-bed unit, I will have about 6 old people dying of natural causes (including Alzheimers, heart disease, etc), 2 COPD patients (smokers), 2-3 cancer patients, and 1-2 alcoholic liver patients.

Anyway, something to think about.
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 09-13-2019 at 11:48 PM.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-14-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (09-14-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    This is a bit off topic but since we are talking about vaping-related deaths and regulations I just wanted to offer my perspective.

I wonder why "they" (the powers that be) do more to address the alcohol problem? As a hospice nurse I see Far More people die from alcohol-related liver disease than I ever would have imagined before I work where I do (and it's an awful death, too). My partner is a former alcoholic who has a damaged liver. I have lost 2 dear friends to liver failure due to alcoholism.

People joke about "Mommy needs wine" and can't seem to have a good time without drinking to "loosen up." I don't drink-- and I don't judge those who do, but it makes *them* feel awkward when I ask for soda instead, and there are social events where partner and I are not invited because there's drinking. It's not something people talk about-- the toll that alcohol use takes-- and how pervasive it is because it's acceptable, but it's something we should talk more about.

Anyway . . . I do see lung cancer/COPD patients too, but most of them are older.

I have only ever had a handful of drug-related deaths on our unit.

I have never had a patient yet die from marijuana. In fact many of my cancer patients find medical marijuana helpful. (Why it is illegal I have no idea, it seems the least harmful of all of them)

Most of my alcoholic liver patients are 30's to 50's, and from all walks of life, socio-economic, religious backgrounds. Way too young to be facing end of life, and totally preventable.

On a given day on my 12-bed unit, I will have about 6 old people dying of natural causes (including Alzheimers, heart disease, etc), 2 COPD patients (smokers), 2-3 cancer patients, and 1-2 alcoholic liver patients.

Anyway, something to think about.
    My dad is wheel chair bound because of alcohol, it’s absolutely terrible. The thought of it happening to me scares me to death, I won’t drink hard liquor at all and I only drink maybe a couple beers a week if I feel like I want one. I don’t understand why weed is illegal still either, it helps my anxiety and depression almost disappear and that’s a wonderful thing to get rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NewmanLovesSnakes; 09-14-2019 at 12:38 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-14-2019),FollowTheSun (09-14-2019)

Thanks
    i haven't had a cigarette since april and don't want to go back. i am 100% addicted to "smoking" something, whatever and e-cigs save me from smelling like an ashtray. i'm not gonna stop. from what i understand, it is the black market crap that is making people sick.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-14-2019),FollowTheSun (09-14-2019)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast