Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,275

4 members and 3,271 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by reptileson View Post
    How so? You have medical professionals telling you that inhaling that stuff causes chemical burns on your lungs, but you still choose to use it because it makes you look/feel cool? You family is so lucky to have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, and medical professionals say don't eat fast food, don't drink caffeine, don't eat fried food....I could go on and on...

And if you had a clue, you'd know that the vast majority of cases have found that legally bought vape juices are not the issue. It's bootleg cartridges that use vitamin E to cut the THC. The vitamin E turns to cyanide, which causes the issues you mentioned. So yes, your statement was ignorant.

And you can crap on me all you want. But you don't know me or my family. So next time you bring my family into this I'll hunt you down and see if your courage in real life matches your courage from behind a keyboard.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (10-08-2019),sur3fir3 (10-07-2019),TopazEye (10-07-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Yup, and medical professionals say don't eat fast food, don't drink caffeine, don't eat fried food....I could go on and on...

And if you had a clue, you'd know that the vast majority of cases have found that legally bought vape juices are not the issue. It's bootleg cartridges that use vitamin E to cut the THC. The vitamin E turns to cyanide, which causes the issues you mentioned. So yes, your statement was ignorant.

And you can crap on me all you want. But you don't know me or my family. So next time you bring my family into this I'll hunt you down and see if your courage in real life matches your courage from behind a keyboard.

Hey craig dont let him/her bother you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (11-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    Hey craig dont let him/her bother you.
    Sorry, having just buried my grandfather four days ago that hit a nerve.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    No its all good. Family should not be brought into this. There is no reason to belittle people when trying to make a point. It just shows alot of immaturity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-07-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    No its all good. Family should not be brought into this. There is no reason to belittle people when trying to make a point. It just shows alot of immaturity.
    I can handle all the poop somebody wants to shovel on me, but sarcastically saying my family must be proud. Uggggh. That hit a nerve.
    And YES, my grandfather was VERY proud of me. I was clean and sober the last almost 7 years of his life. So yeah, him and my family are in fact PROUD.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Ok! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. My point is that when you are inhaling substances such as nicotine or vaping juice into your body it will affect your lungs over time and for that matter really anything we put into our bodies that is not meant to will affect us over time. Even taking simple Advil or Tylenol over time will affect our liver over time. Just saying that I have witnessed some pretty harsh legitimate cases as a nurse and after seeing what I have seen in my career you kinda rethink alot of things.

I completely agree with this statement. But I think most everyone is missing the point here. We are not saying that it is perfectly healthy, and that there are no effects from it. That is not even close to what is being said. But I would like to know about the cases you have seen from vaping. Have you seen this from people that are only vaping legitamate vape juice? Not stuff from the internet, and definitely not THC carts. Also how can you explain my test results, and how I feel. If vaping was killing the cells in our lungs I would think that this would be readily apparrant in my tests. I just don't see how people can claim that it does all this damage, when there is no proof. There is proof that the THC carts cause issues, but there hasn't been one case of someone that ONLY vapes where their lungs have been adversely affected. I completely respect your point of view and would like to hear about the cases you have seen personally. Also are you in a state where marijuana is illegal? Because if so it would be quite difficult to get legitimate THC carts in that state. You aslo have to take into account how many people are telling you the truth about their marijuana and vape usage.

I would love to hear more from you on what you have seen. I know you have to be careful with HIPAA, but could you please post some data without any identifying data in it?
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 10-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sga2yf84ocY

I suggest everyone look at this video. I am not the only person whose life has gotten better because of vaping.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    This is for everyone that believes vaping is just as bad as cigs:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...cigarette-pods

This is from this link:

The Mayo Clinic study replicates the trend across the country of lung-injured patients overwhelmingly reporting the use of black market vape pods. As of yet, there hasn't been a single vape-related death or illness definitively proven to stem from the use of legal, FDA-approved vaping products.
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 10-07-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I want to jump back on here and say for the record, I am not in favor of a ban. I am not huge fan of government intervention or regulation because the government tends to overstep. There does however, still need to be an overseer because society has proven to be incapable of functioning well without it. I also was a smoker for 15 years. At my peak I was up to a pack and a half a day. So I am not coming from a place of inexperience or sanctimony. This is not a case of non-smoker vs smoker. To quit smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was hard in that I had to overcome an addition. For those here whom have never been addicted to anything, you can't possibly know. But at the same time, it was also simple. It was simple in that it was accomplished by simply never committing the act again. That is a simple concept. I have not had a cigarette since 1989. Everyday I don't have a cigarette, I am not a smoker. I also believe if I had a cigarette today I would be a smoker tomorrow. That is how strong of an addictive substance a cigarette and nicotine is. So where I take issue is with anything that puts nicotine or other addictive substances in a favorable light.

Now I would like to personally address Craig as he has been very passionate throughout this thread, and has been the focus of some undeserved comments. First of all I want to commend you on your sobriety. While I have never had that particular addiction I have had a lot of experience with family and friends that have, and have witnessed the absolute grip it can hold on people. So good on you there brother and keep fighting the good fight. I hope that someday you will find the same strength to overcome nicotine. Also, try hard not to give life to the negative comments. You're stronger than that. I am in favor of live and let live. We only get one crack at this so you might as well make the most of it. At the same time we, as a society, as adults, as a forum community, have a responsibility to try and do no harm. My issue with this thread, if I were to really put a point on it, is the strong defense of Vaping. And I know from having been a smoker, that an addict will defend their vice. I could always find a way to justify smoking when I smoked. I believe that time will most likely prove vaping to have negative impact on human health. And while I can understand that for some it is a more favorable form of nicotine delivery over cigarette smoking, that doesn't make it good. It is more the lesser of two evils. One might argue that Stalin was better than Hitler, but to say Stalin was good would be a gross inaccuracy.

I am the father of three children who are all grown now. When I was raising them, it was my job to teach them and mold their belief systems in a way that was beneficial to them becoming productive adults, even when it was contrary to my actions. For example, I didn't allow my 10 year old to watch an R rated movie, even if it were one of my favorite films. My first child was born about 11 months after I quit smoking and that wasn't a coincidence. It was a plan to not expose my children to it. So when I read this thread it makes me cringe a little. I know there are young people on this forum. What will be their take away? They are are here to soak up information about ball pythons. At the same time, this thread is available to them as well. Isn't it a bit irresponsible for anyone here to be championing a concept that may yet prove to be harmful? We have to be cautious about what we state and how it's perceived, especially if it could in anyway mislead someone to believe that an activity is "safe", as opposed to "not as bad as." I truly appreciate this forum and the exchange of information and ideas. I just want us all to be aware of the power we wield with our words. Words can uplift. Words can take down. Words can hurt. I used to tell my kids, words are like bullets. Once they leave your muzzle, you can't call them back and you can't control the collateral damage. So let's choose our words carefully and make sure we are aware of what is down range, before you unleash them.

There. "I've said my peace and counted to three"

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-07-2019),cletus (10-07-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-07-2019),dr del (10-08-2019),Stewart_Reptiles (10-08-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I want to jump back on here and say for the record, I am not in favor of a ban. I am not huge fan of government intervention or regulation because the government tends to overstep. There does however, still need to be an overseer because society has proven to be incapable of functioning well without it. I also was a smoker for 15 years. At my peak I was up to a pack and a half a day. So I am not coming from a place of inexperience or sanctimony. This is not a case of non-smoker vs smoker. To quit smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was hard in that I had to overcome an addition. For those here whom have never been addicted to anything, you can't possibly know. But at the same time, it was also simple. It was simple in that it was accomplished by simply never committing the act again. That is a simple concept. I have not had a cigarette since 1989. Everyday I don't have a cigarette, I am not a smoker. I also believe if I had a cigarette today I would be a smoker tomorrow. That is how strong of an addictive substance a cigarette and nicotine is. So where I take issue is with anything that puts nicotine or other addictive substances in a favorable light.

Now I would like to personally address Craig as he has been very passionate throughout this thread, and has been the focus of some undeserved comments. First of all I want to commend you on your sobriety. While I have never had that particular addiction I have had a lot of experience with family and friends that have, and have witnessed the absolute grip it can hold on people. So good on you there brother and keep fighting the good fight. I hope that someday you will find the same strength to overcome nicotine. Also, try hard not to give life to the negative comments. You're stronger than that. I am in favor of live and let live. We only get one crack at this so you might as well make the most of it. At the same time we, as a society, as adults, as a forum community, have a responsibility to try and do no harm. My issue with this thread, if I were to really put a point on it, is the strong defense of Vaping. And I know from having been a smoker, that an addict will defend their vice. I could always find a way to justify smoking when I smoked. I believe that time will most likely prove vaping to have negative impact on human health. And while I can understand that for some it is a more favorable form of nicotine delivery over cigarette smoking, that doesn't make it good. It is more the lesser of two evils. One might argue that Stalin was better than Hitler, but to say Stalin was good would be a gross inaccuracy.

I am the father of three children who are all grown now. When I was raising them, it was my job to teach them and mold their belief systems in a way that was beneficial to them becoming productive adults, even when it was contrary to my actions. For example, I didn't allow my 10 year old to watch an R rated movie, even if it were one of my favorite films. My first child was born about 11 months after I quit smoking and that wasn't a coincidence. It was a plan to not expose my children to it. So when I read this thread it makes me cringe a little. I know there are young people on this forum. What will be their take away? They are are here to soak up information about ball pythons. At the same time, this thread is available to them as well. Isn't it a bit irresponsible for anyone here to be championing a concept that may yet prove to be harmful? We have to be cautious about what we state and how it's perceived, especially if it could in anyway mislead someone to believe that an activity is "safe", as opposed to "not as bad as." I truly appreciate this forum and the exchange of information and ideas. I just want us all to be aware of the power we wield with our words. Words can uplift. Words can take down. Words can hurt. I used to tell my kids, words are like bullets. Once they leave your muzzle, you can't call them back and you can't control the collateral damage. So let's choose our words carefully and make sure we are aware of what is down range, before you unleash them.

There. "I've said my peace and counted to three"
    Extremely well said, top to bottom.

I definitely don't intend to advocate for vaping. I know it can't possibly be a good habit. And I am sure it's not good for me. And I hadn't thought about an addict defending their addiction regarding vaping. It never seemed the same as the way I used to glorify my drinking, but I can clearly see your point.

To me, I'm just a firm believer that if I'm not putting anybody else in harm's way I should be able to make my own decisions. I feel the same way about seat belt laws. I'm a grown man, let me decide (for the record, I do wear my seatbelt, hahahaha) or motorcycle helmet laws. Although I think it's extremely foolish to ride without a helmet I believe that adults should be able to make their own choice.

I already babbled about the list of other things that "should" be banned if vaping is...and where do we draw the line...blah blah blah....and I know some of the comparisons are asinine, but I'm just trying to prove a point.
    I am certainly not suggesting anarchy, I obviously believe government and law officials have their place. Society would be a complete and utter nightmare otherwise. But I do believe they're crossing a line with outright bans without factual evidence that legally bought vape juice is killing people this quickly.

I mean, if they were truly concerned about an epidemic they'd be banging down every door of every known drug dealer, not just waiting to stockpile enough evidence to bring down the main suppliers. They'd be making sure there are open beds when people try to get clean. I've literally seen cases where people were clean for r two days and tried to check in to a facility. But since they peed clean they weren't admitted despite the track marks up and down their arms. They were literally told to go use and come back. That's insanity. One shot could be their last, and government run facilities are literally telling people to go use.

I guess what I'm saying is that priorities are all messed up. And their balogna excuses that it's about our health and well-being is an outright lie.

In closing, RL I admire and appreciate every word you said. Thank you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (10-08-2019)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast