Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,080

1 members and 3,079 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    Great article... unfortunately its too late for this to make a difference. everyone already believes all vaping is bad. it is going to be hard to sway that opinion.
    It's almost like government and media are brainwashing the general public. Spreading false information and putting all vaping under one umbrella.

It's propaganda at its finest. And unfortunately, the vast majority will hear that it's making people sick and jump to that conclusion without putting in the due diligence to determine for themselves what is true.

Instead, they'd just rather follow the herd and agree it's bad for us.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    It's almost like government and media are brainwashing the general public. Spreading false information and putting all vaping under one umbrella.

It's propaganda at its finest. And unfortunately, the vast majority will hear that it's making people sick and jump to that conclusion without putting in the due diligence to determine for themselves what is true.

Well I believe normal TV programming is there to brainwash us. That is why I do not watch any normal programming at all. I only watch netflix and amazon prime.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post

Another note. The USA does this over and over. They release shoddy information that wasnt checked against the facts. Our current news sources are ridiculous. What ever happened to reporting the news without putting your feelings, or sentiment into the article. The news is supposed to be reported with no influence from the person writing it. This is not the truth anymore. Just look at CNN vs Fox.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-27-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (10-02-2019)

Thanks

Well I believe normal TV programming is there to brainwash us. That is why I do not watch any normal programming at all. I only watch netflix and amazon prime.
    Yep, the same here... I do watch the Simpsons and Family Guy on Sunday nights (live tv).

But other wise only movies and tv series that are commercial free. No normal tv for either me or my daughter, neither one of us can stand it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I watch three different channels news programs every night - but mainly pay attention to the words not said you would expect to be there if someone was genuine.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    I watch three different channels news programs every night - but mainly pay attention to the words not said you would expect to be there if someone was genuine.
    True. The issue boils down to the fact that people are stupid enough to believe everything they hear on the news. I was told something a long time ago. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Great article... unfortunately its too late for this to make a difference. everyone already believes all vaping is bad. it is going to be hard to sway that opinion.
    This comment begs to ask the question, "What vaping is good for you?"

The simple fact is humans weren't designed to have fluid/moisture in their lungs, post birth. The two incidences I can think of where they do are labeled, pneumonia and drowning. To the best of my knowledge these are both conditions that no one would label as beneficial. Common sense and simple biology should tell us that vaping will have negative effects on our health, period. With or with out the addition of any other chemical.

Vaping is simply another delivery system to introduce nicotine or other substances into the blood stream. Nicotine has no beneficial qualities, it is just another substance humans use to alter their state, but society hasn't deemed hazardous enough to ban, like alcohol. Addicts are going to utilize whatever is available to deliver the vice of choice. The industry could care less what the long term effects are. They have already had the accountants research the projected profits, and they have ascertained they will outweigh the costs of the law suits down the road. If you don't believe me, just look at the Tobacco Industry. Their product is proven deadly and they are still going. The whole reason the Vaping Industry even exists is that the public was becoming educated about the dangers of smoking and it was starting to impact the Tobacco Industries bottom line. Cigarette smoking was on the decline. They needed a new way to hook people on nicotine. The trick was they needed something the kids would find cool, the government wouldn't know how to regulate, and could be perceived as or believed to be, benign. I must say, it is impressive how well they nailed it.

Regardless of which way the news report on Vaping, anyone who thinks the end result of doing so will be of no consequence, is ignoring biology and fooling themselves.

Just my $0.02

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-06-2019),cletus (10-06-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    This comment begs to ask the question, "What vaping is good for you?"

The simple fact is humans weren't designed to have fluid/moisture in their lungs, post birth. The two incidences I can think of where they do are labeled, pneumonia and drowning. To the best of my knowledge these are both conditions that no one would label as beneficial. Common sense and simple biology should tell us that vaping will have negative effects on our health, period. With or with out the addition of any other chemical.

Vaping is simply another delivery system to introduce nicotine or other substances into the blood stream. Nicotine has no beneficial qualities, it is just another substance humans use to alter their state, but society hasn't deemed hazardous enough to ban, like alcohol. Addicts are going to utilize whatever is available to deliver the vice of choice. The industry could care less what the long term effects are. They have already had the accountants research the projected profits, and they have ascertained they will outweigh the costs of the law suits down the road. If you don't believe me, just look at the Tobacco Industry. Their product is proven deadly and they are still going. The whole reason the Vaping Industry even exists is that the public was becoming educated about the dangers of smoking and it was starting to impact the Tobacco Industries bottom line. Cigarette smoking was on the decline. They needed a new way to hook people on nicotine. The trick was they needed something the kids would find cool, the government wouldn't know how to regulate, and could be perceived as or believed to be, benign. I must say, it is impressive how well they nailed it.

Regardless of which way the news report on Vaping, anyone who thinks the end result of doing so will be of no consequence, is ignoring biology and fooling themselves.

Just my $0.02
    The point is not that it causes no damage. We are saying it causes less damage than smoking nothing more and nothing less. I am not saying there shouldn't be regulations. It is simply being said that an outright ban will do more damage in the long run.

It has been a proven fact in our society that making something illegal does not make it safer, in fact quite the opposite it allows for a whole industry to develop without any control. If it is banned people will goto the black market, where the vape ingredients may not be safe. Like I said before where I get my vape juice from is the safest it can be. I know it's not like breathing air. I mean you are putting something in your lungs that shouldn't be there, so there will be side effects, but let's keep it legal so we can research the effects instead of just hiding behind a law that makes it illegal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (10-06-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Another thing to note is the vaping industry developed completely independant of big tobacco, in fact until recently big tobacco was trying to shut down vaping. So please before you make the assumption that big tobacco was the driving force behind vaping and the advances in vaping tech do your research.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    People of legal age should be able to do what they want provided it doesn't harm others. I don't smoke and I honestly know zilch about vaping and I don't judge. You be you and I'll be me.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cletus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-06-2019),Stewart_Reptiles (10-06-2019),sur3fir3 (10-06-2019)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast