Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 830

11 members and 819 guests
Most users ever online was 4,261, 10-01-2019 at 06:44 PM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 65,792
Threads: 240,508
Posts: 2,498,749
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Brandon C
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    12,976
    Thanked 7,483 Times in 4,785 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    ...
    I'll go with a smaller 9g mouse, Should I give her a Nutribac sprinkle too?? ...
    Not needed for a snake that's been eating ok...they get plenty from their normal diet.
    Many friends in low places...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Craiga 01453 (09-17-2019)

  3. #12
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 157 Times in 70 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Well I peeked in on Bean (the one that regurged) (just peeked not handled) She seems to be doing ok, just hanging out. 1 week down for her.

    Bitey ate a 9m mouse Sunday, well snatched and coiled it Lol, so I'll peek in on her tomorrow and make sure she kept it down.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-17-2019)

  5. #13
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    12,976
    Thanked 7,483 Times in 4,785 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well I peeked in on Bean (the one that regurged) (just peeked not handled) She seems to be doing ok, just hanging out. 1 week down for her.

    Bitey ate a 9m mouse Sunday, well snatched and coiled it Lol, so I'll peek in on her tomorrow and make sure she kept it down.

    Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges
    really do set them back. Be patient, she could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell
    you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.
    Many friends in low places...

  6. #14
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 157 Times in 70 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges
    really do set them back. Be patient, she could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell
    you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.

    Maybe I phrased that wrong? or I'm reading your reply wrong?
    For Bean I meant 1 week of no food after regurge, Bcr229 recommended 3 weeks of not trying to feed, and I
    meant that it has been 1 week of no attempted feeding. (Her regurge was last week) and yes the regurged half digested mouse smells horrible!!

    Bitey seems to be good, she is a lot bigger than Bean, I hope she doesn't have any issues, I dropped her feeding size a little I'm feeding her just under the 10% of her body weight, and slightly smaller than her body size. She's at about 100g weight

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-18-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-17-2019)

  8. #15
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    12,976
    Thanked 7,483 Times in 4,785 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Maybe I phrased that wrong? or I'm reading your reply wrong?
    For Bean I meant 1 week of no food after regurge, Bcr229 recommended 3 weeks of not trying to feed, and I
    meant that it has been 1 week of no attempted feeding. (Her regurge was last week) and yes the regurged half digested mouse smells horrible!!

    Bitey seems to be good, she is a lot bigger than Bean, I hope she doesn't have any issues, I dropped her feeding size a little I'm feeding her just under the 10% of her body weight, and slightly smaller than her body size. She's at about 100g weight
    Sorry, I ran those comments together...I know Bean is in a 'holding pattern' & has 2 weeks to go...I meant that the regurge she had when you
    fed her might not have been her first, that's why she looked on the slim side when you got her. I hope she "turns around" for you.

    Here's hoping that Bitey doesn't give you any problems...nothing worse than the smell of regurge in the air. Good idea to feed on the small side
    for now, in an abundance of caution.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    This is what I meant in previous post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges really do set them back.

    Be patient, she [Bitey] could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-17-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Many friends in low places...

  9. #16
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 157 Times in 70 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sorry, I ran those comments together...I know Bean is in a 'holding pattern' & has 2 weeks to go...I meant that the regurge she had when you
    fed her might not have been her first, that's why she looked on the slim side when you got her. I hope she "turns around" for you.

    Here's hoping that Bitey doesn't give you any problems...nothing worse than the smell of regurge in the air. Good idea to feed on the small side
    for now, in an abundance of caution.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    This is what I meant in previous post:

    Ok, Gotcha....

    Bean did eat once for me and was good, she regurged on the 2nd feeding ,

    Bitey is on her 3rd feeding for me now, I dropped her feeder size this time, I hope she is good

    I have a feeling Bean's regurge is on me for feeding slightly to big of a mouse , (regurged a 9g mouse on a 79g snake that was really thin to start with)

    So hopefully after recovery, and dropping down her feeder size she'll do well and thrive

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-18-2019)

  11. #17
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    12,976
    Thanked 7,483 Times in 4,785 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    ...I have a feeling Bean's regurge is on me for feeding slightly to big of a mouse , (regurged a 9g mouse on a 79g snake that was really thin to start with)

    So hopefully after recovery, and dropping down her feeder size she'll do well and thrive
    Yes, I think that's very likely all it was too. I'm thinking positive for you...
    Many friends in low places...

  12. #18
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 157 Times in 70 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Bitey had her 3rd feeding Sunday, Wednesday night I let my daughter hold her for 10 minutes, while I changed water, and checked her cage for poop / regurge or any other mess... Non to be found.

    Bitey was WAY less bitey Lol, no striking, calm, lots of tongue flicking, and curiosity I think. And noticed someone has blue eyes. So put her back, and will leave her alone until her shed is complete.

    P.s my corn snake is also in shed, along with Hal too.... and Cheyenne just shed. Just that time of year?? Coincidence? Really strange to me.



  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-19-2019)

  14. #19
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    12,976
    Thanked 7,483 Times in 4,785 Posts
    Shedding is just coincidence...most snakes have been eating aggressively all summer...sheds are just the result of growth. Very glad you found no regurges-
    Many friends in low places...

  15. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-23-2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

    Looked like it was ready to shed by the eyes, that might be it?

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1