Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 324

15 members and 309 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 65,480
Threads: 240,194
Posts: 2,495,397
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, thomasdigger92
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    That reminds me of when Crowley was staying at my parents place due to my apartment flooding. I was sitting in a chair and put plastic (the stuff used for painting) on the chair in case he decided to pee, well after an hour of him being on me I was convinced he would of peed by then if he was going to pee. So I sat on the couch beside both my parents which wasn't covered and of course not even 10 minutes pass and he pees all over the couch. I felt terrible about it. I was bringing Crowley back up to his enclosure so I can come back and clean the pee. I made it right in front of his tank when he decided to poop on my boob. I guess he really didn't want to get his "house" soiled. By the time I was done cleaning the poop off of me as best I could, I went back downstairs to find that my mom had taken care of the pee. I still felt so bad for Crowley peeing on their perfectly nice and also expensive couch. Snakes go when they gotta go.
    Oh man that's awful..but a little funny XD

    Wierd to say, but none of my other pets do this. My dog is trained with bathroom commands, gets let out to a designated spot every few hours. My geckos will only "go" on their communal toilet rock, and have done so on the same rock for probably 6 years or so. And my beardie and pacman frog only poop during their warm soaks.

    With a snake, now it's like living dangerously

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-11-2019),Valyndris (09-11-2019)

  3. #12
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Awesome! almost looks like he's swallowing a possum!
    A small one anyway! The ones I worked with out west were the size of giant cats!

    I'll tell ya..if I could have one as a pet, I would. Been a forbidden dream of mine for ages.

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-11-2019)

  5. #13
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,142
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 6,074 Times in 3,345 Posts

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Awesome! almost looks like he's swallowing a possum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    A small one anyway! The ones I worked with out west were the size of giant cats!

    I'll tell ya..if I could have one as a pet, I would. Been a forbidden dream of mine for ages.
    you can get a Brazilian Short-Tail Opossum! they're like the size of hedgehogs. i see them alongside hoggies, Sugar Gliders and other small mammals at expos.

    this was from last year's show in Oregon.

    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    NewmanLovesSnakes (Yesterday)

  7. #14
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    you can get a Brazilian Short-Tail Opossum! they're like the size of hedgehogs. i see them alongside hoggies, Sugar Gliders and other small mammals at expos.

    this was from last year's show in Oregon.

    I used to see those at the petstore and thought it was a mouse

    I'm fully confident in caring for our lovely American possums-- newborn to adult-- but I've thought about those, though

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  8. #15
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,127
    Thanks
    12,407
    Thanked 7,108 Times in 4,539 Posts

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    ...I'll tell ya..if I could have one as a pet, I would. Been a forbidden dream of mine for ages...
    Not pets, but I have some free-roaming 'possums in my neighborhood...sometimes get to see them late at night when I let my dogs out to potty before we turn in.
    The last time one was on top of my fence, I went & got my 24" tongs & a small tomato (figuring she was enroute to raid my garden) & I carefully put the tomato in
    front of her as she held her ground watching me, & I quietly turned out the light. I checked about 15 minutes later...she apparently enjoyed the tomato.
    Many friends in low places...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Awesomethepossum (09-11-2019)

  10. #16
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Not pets, but I have some free-roaming 'possums in my neighborhood...sometimes get to see them late at night when I let my dogs out to potty before we turn in.
    The last time one was on top of my fence, I went & got my 24" tongs & a small tomato (figuring she was enroute to raid my garden) & I carefully put the tomato in
    front of her as she held her ground watching me, & I quietly turned out the light. I checked about 15 minutes later...she apparently enjoyed the tomato.
    You see, I live on a busy road in a city. Not much to see for wildlife other than the occasional bloated squirrel.

    A shame that their natural life expectancy is really only a year, maybe two years. In captivity with optimal care? We had one live to three years at the rehab center.

    I will tell you though, nothing is more entertaining than watching them get all amped up and trying to eat a large food item



    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-11-2019)

  12. #17
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,127
    Thanks
    12,407
    Thanked 7,108 Times in 4,539 Posts

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    You see, I live on a busy road in a city. Not much to see for wildlife other than the occasional bloated squirrel.

    A shame that their natural life expectancy is really only a year, maybe two years. In captivity with optimal care? We had one live to three years at the rehab center.

    I will tell you though, nothing is more entertaining than watching them get all amped up and trying to eat a large food item



    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog
    I'm in a smaller rural town, & there are many trees & some green spaces within, but I am right in a busy neighborhood, plenty of traffic. A lot of road-kills here too-
    possums, skunks, turtles, squirrels, armadillos & sometimes even large deer end up DOR. Cool that you've worked with them (possums) in rehab center.
    I didn't realize they have such a short lifespan. OMG, I see what you mean! > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIVTEBaLkA Adorable!
    Many friends in low places...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Awesomethepossum (09-12-2019)

  14. #18
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    My wildlife rehab job was is MO, so I saw a lot of cool critters. The diversity out west is insane.

    CT? I feel like the wildlife around here are more street smart

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  15. #19
    Registered User Awesomethepossum's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    And by street-smart, I mean adept at hiding in plain sight. Like I said, lots of road kill, but those are usually inexperienced animals (deer can learn safe routes in busy roadways), or elderly/sick ones

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (09-12-2019)

  17. #20
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,127
    Thanks
    12,407
    Thanked 7,108 Times in 4,539 Posts

    Re: Dante's first rat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    And by street-smart, I mean adept at hiding in plain sight. Like I said, lots of road kill, but those are usually inexperienced animals (deer can learn safe routes in busy roadways), or elderly/sick ones

    1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog
    When hunting season is here it seems the deer are more apt to come into town. Can't say I blame them. I can't verify that these were sick or elderly, but I've been
    shocked to see large ones killed on the bypass (double lane fwy) & right in town on the biggest & busiest road we have (in front of Walmart & Coltons). Deer collisions
    are not rare around here & even my next door neighbor had to replace his car after a collision.
    Many friends in low places...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Awesomethepossum (09-12-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1