Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,700

0 members and 2,700 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Was labeled Banana, but...your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    wow this is a tough one. i'm assuming he was priced much more than the reg Banana? anyways i would guess that's at least a 3 gene BP, maybe more. i think it's at least a Banana Lesser and either Spider or Spotnose. it probably also has Pastel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapesMa View Post
    No, he was labeled Banana, enclosed with a banana and priced as one. I actually got a pretty good deal when I got him though. He was originally priced at $350, but I got him for $175.

I’m not sure about the Spider. He has no wobble and has no problem keeping/getting himself upright. From what I understand, that morph presents neurological issues that I haven’t observed in mine.

A local herp mentioned pinstripe, but all the banana pins I’ve found look much different. I’ve researched morphs daily for over a month since I got him, looked at countless photos of various crosses (even using UK terms - royal, coral glow, etc.) and haven’t come across another like mine. I was hoping my lack of results was just inexperience in not knowing what to look for, but it seems he really is just a special boy

I looked up Spotnose and came across a YouTube video that has a banana that looks probably the most similar to mine that I’ve seen so far. Pattern is a bit different/busier, but the colors are very close and it has the lighter dorsal stripe. I’m sure it’s not the exact same mix as below, but I think you may be on to something with this one

Thanks a bunch for your insight and help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Annageckos View Post
    I have no idea what morphs your snake is other than gorgeous. I just wanted to respond to this part. Not all spiders will show a wobble. I have a spider who has no noticeable wobble, she has no issues righting herself and rarely misses a strike at her F/T rats. It seems that people over exaggerate the wobble that spiders can show.
    ok so i think everyone agrees that it's at least a Banana Lesser. there's another gene in there that creates the phat, almost full length dorsal stripe. i don't think it's Pin as it would reduce the side pattern like in April's BP. so it makes me think Spidey or Spotty. your BP also has blushing throughout and a faint cloverleaf headstamp. i would guess it has Enchi and Pastel also but i don't see Enchi it in the pattern.

anyways u lucked into a beautiful mystery boy. congrats!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

SnapesMa (09-21-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123