Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,038

3 members and 3,035 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I thaw in warm water, which cools down as the f/t thaws. I let it sit for 15 minutes or so, but either way I'll check that the rodent isn't still cold at the core before removing.

After it's ready, I dry it off thoroughly in a paper towel. Then I warm the whole thing up to about 92-98 degrees (with the warmest point being the head) with a heat lamp, directly over the tank. At that point, my snake is out and waiting. I check the temps with my temp gun, then give it to him. He usually meets me half way. Doesn't have any patience.
    Last edited by Awesomethepossum; 09-04-2019 at 09:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

cMoonrise (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    I found a pretty easy way to get the rat to the right temp safely and with minimal amount of effort. I take a rat out of the freezer and put it in a tupperware in the fridge the day before feeding, so it thaws without me having to supervise it at all. I can take it out the next day or the day after that whenever I see him poke his head out.

I then just put the tupperware with the rat on top of the mesh and let it sit to warm up, maybe 20-30 min tops (toffee goes crazy looking for it, the smell puts him into feeding mode) and then go over it with a hair dryer and present it with tongs - I don't think he's missed a single feeding yet since I've used this method, with the exception of when he dropped the rat in his water dish after grabbing it.

I've checked the rat with a temp gun before running the hair dryer over it and it's about room temp by that point, no cold bellies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarks For This Useful Post:

cMoonrise (09-09-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12