Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,224

12 members and 1,212 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,128
Threads: 240,908
Posts: 2,502,473
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, das_gunter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-06-2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 182 Times in 106 Posts

    Looking for breeders

    Looking for gopher snake breeders, preferably sonoran but I'm open to other varieties. I'm not looking to buy right now but probably before it gets too cold to ship, so I'm mostly just looking for some breeders to look into and talk with a bit before I buy. I've made the mistake of buying snakes from less than reputable breed with both of my previous snakes and I'm really trying not to do that again haha. Anyway if anyone knows of any good breeders or breeds gophers themselves I'd really appreciate some recommendations!

  2. #2
    BPnet Veteran pretends2bnormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-07-2017
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 575 Posts
    Images: 7

    Re: Looking for breeders

    I haven't bought, but I've spoken with them at expos and found them to be a breeder I'd buy from if I got another pituophis.

    Breeder Gopher Your Pet. They do bulls and gophers (and probably pines) in more morphs than I've seen from anyone else. Probably worth checking out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

    Ditto (08-24-2019)

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-06-2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 182 Times in 106 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    I haven't bought, but I've spoken with them at expos and found them to be a breeder I'd buy from if I got another pituophis.

    Breeder Gopher Your Pet. They do bulls and gophers (and probably pines) in more morphs than I've seen from anyone else. Probably worth checking out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I just looked them up and found their MM and fb page, I think I'll shoot them a message

  5. #4
    BPnet Veteran pretends2bnormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-07-2017
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 575 Posts
    Images: 7

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Thanks! I just looked them up and found their MM and fb page, I think I'll shoot them a message
    When I spoke with them, they sounded knowledgeable about a pretty wide variety of locales (I had been asking about bulls mainly since that's what I have) and have been doing it for quite a while. Everything on their table looked in good shape (which was quite a few animals, including yearlings and older snakes).

    I'm not aware of anyone else who specializes, but a few other breeders at my local expos have a few. Not their main focus though (BPs or corn/king colubrids).

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

    Ditto (08-24-2019)

  7. #5
    Registered User Werewolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-2019
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 137 Times in 51 Posts
    +1 for Gopher Your Pet. I also had a great experience chatting with them at an expo. I had a simple question about bullsnake localities and they enthusiastically delved deeper than I expected into explaining it and talking about how much they love bullsnakes, even though they knew I wasn't going to buy that day. Like pretends2bnormal, I decided that I'd want to get my future pituophis from them if I can. I have definitely seen them have pine snakes occasionally!


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Werewolves For This Useful Post:

    Ditto (08-24-2019)

  9. #6
    Registered User Bodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-19-2018
    Location
    Goofy Florida
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 332 Times in 229 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Russ Bates. He has some gophers for sale right now on fauna. I just bought a baby bull from him.
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern) "Ozzie"
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru) "Sassy"
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake "Milkshake"
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Sooty"
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python "Socket"
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose "Piggy Smalls"

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bodie For This Useful Post:

    Ditto (08-24-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-06-2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 182 Times in 106 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolves View Post
    +1 for Gopher Your Pet. I also had a great experience chatting with them at an expo. I had a simple question about bullsnake localities and they enthusiastically delved deeper than I expected into explaining it and talking about how much they love bullsnakes, even though they knew I wasn't going to buy that day. Like pretends2bnormal, I decided that I'd want to get my future pituophis from them if I can. I have definitely seen them have pine snakes occasionally!
    That's awesome wow!! I sent them an email, hoping they get back to me soon (but not expecting them to lol, I only sent it about 15 minutes ago), these replies are getting me really excited haha!

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  12. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-06-2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 182 Times in 106 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Russ Bates. He has some gophers for sale right now on fauna. I just bought a baby bull from him.
    Oh cool, do you know if he has a website or any way to contact him other than fauna?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  13. #9
    Registered User Bodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-19-2018
    Location
    Goofy Florida
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 332 Times in 229 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    You can reach him on fb messenger. Look up russ bates (not many). His profile pic is the one of him holding a fish
    Last edited by Bodie; 08-24-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern) "Ozzie"
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru) "Sassy"
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake "Milkshake"
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Sooty"
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python "Socket"
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose "Piggy Smalls"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bodie For This Useful Post:

    Ditto (08-24-2019)

  15. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-06-2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 182 Times in 106 Posts

    Re: Looking for breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    You can reach him on fb messenger. Look up russ bates (not many). His profile pic is the one of him holding a fish
    I'll try that, thanks so much for the suggestion!

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1