Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,461

1 members and 1,460 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Spider-Man No Longer in the MCU

I was just wondering what you thought about Marvel Studios/Disney and Sony's deal for Spider-Man falling apart?

I think it's a hot mess that will end with Sony destroying the best version of Spider-Man. He belongs in the MCU period.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Spider-Man No Longer in the MCU

I don't blame Sony for walking away, I thought the deal was very generous to Disney. The way I understood it, disney was in charge of the creative direction of spiderman, sony financed spiderman solo films 100% and disney recieved 5% of the cut. Disney now wants finance at 50/50 and profits at 50/50 for all spiderman films and they also want a say in other characts like venom. Sorry but I would have walked off if another company wanted to control one of my biggest assets in film also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdb730 View Post
    I don't blame Sony for walking away, I thought the deal was very generous to Disney. The way I understood it, disney was in charge of the creative direction of spiderman, sony financed spiderman solo films 100% and disney recieved 5% of the cut. Disney now wants finance at 50/50 and profits at 50/50 for all spiderman films and they also want a say in other characts like venom. Sorry but I would have walked off if another company wanted to control one of my biggest assets in film also.
    I hear you, but Sony must admit that the success of this current Spider-Man is because of Marvel and his placement in the MCU. A big part of the success of Far From Home was that it followed Endgame.

This essentially means Peter Parker in the MCU will be an unspoken memory and the Peter Parker in Sony's films will start from scratch? What a hot mess. I hope they can reach some type of agreement.

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The whole thing is an overreaction. Negotiations are still ongoing. It would be foolish on both sides to end it. Spiderman is only doing good now because of the MCU. At the same time, Marvel needs to not be so stingy about allowing Venom and Spiderman to cross over.

Bottom line, if they work together they both reap the rewards.
    - Mason

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    The whole thing is an overreaction. Negotiations are still ongoing. It would be foolish on both sides to end it. Spiderman is only doing good now because of the MCU. At the same time, Marvel needs to not be so stingy about allowing Venom and Spiderman to cross over.

Bottom line, if they work together they both reap the rewards.
    I agree, they would both be leaving so much money on the table it's stupid not to continue talks.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    I hear you, but Sony must admit that the success of this current Spider-Man is because of Marvel and his placement in the MCU. A big part of the success of Far From Home was that it followed Endgame.

This essentially means Peter Parker in the MCU will be an unspoken memory and the Peter Parker in Sony's films will start from scratch? What a hot mess. I hope they can reach some type of agreement.
    I heard that Tom Holland goes with Sony ...

Still seems snidy for Sony to let Marvel supercharge the Spider-Man franchise then decide to take the ‘vastly improved’ product back !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts
    I liked Into the Spiderverse a lot more than the MCU moves. Plus the MCU seemed to forget Peter's entire "friendly neighborhood Spiderman" thing in favor of focusing on Tony Stark, so. I say let Sony have it lmao.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Plus the MCU seemed to forget Peter's entire "friendly neighborhood Spiderman" thing in favor of focusing on Tony Stark, so. I say let Sony have it lmao.
    That was actually Sony's doing. They stipulated that an A list Avenger from the MCU be in each Spiderman movie. Ironman in one and Nick Fury in the other.
    - Mason

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i think this Spidey meme sums it up for me...

Just Kidding! actually...

aren't they just gonna re-hash more Spiderman origins movies w/ whatever studio ends up w/ control? just give me some cool new stories.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No. Regardless of how the deal ends up, Sony will still use Tom Holland. If it's just Sony they just wouldn't be able to reference any of the MCU events or characters. Which would be awkward. If a new deal get put in place then the next movie would flow more naturally.
    - Mason