Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

0 members and 2,919 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this real?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    I had a dream about a ball python that had the colors of a Hershey hug, it's not any morph I've ever seen yet I dreamed it up. I tried to look it up and the closet thing I can find is this except the brown was darker and more defined.

Is there such a morph that looks like this but with a darker brown like a Hershey hug?

I dream about my normal ball python Crowley all the time, for some reason I never have 1 of him, once he turned into 2 snakes and once he had babies (no mother, I know that doesn't make sense but dreams never do). Then this dream where I got Crowley a Hershey hug colored girlfriend.
    Wow if that does exist I'd love to see it!!! And I have snake dreams allllll the time haha, this is the first time that I remember dreaming about a mystery snake though. Most of them are bp related (funny because, even though I love bps and my bp is amazing, they're not my favorite snake and I don't spend too many of my waking hours thinking about them) and a surprising amount of them involve finding them hiding around my house, like not escaped snakes, just finding them living in my house haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

Re: Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    I've been looking a bit into gopher snakes since I saw that reply and they sound really cool, I love the look if bull snakes but if I'm being honest their temperaments scare me a bit haha, so a snake that looks similar but a bit smaller and more docile sounds amazing to me. I think I'm gonna keep researching them a bit as they've really piqued my interest, if you have any general info about them you'd be willing to share I'd really appreciate it!
    Pretty much keep them like you would a corn snake, just increase your enclosure size. I've lost more blood to north america rat snakes than I have to bulls and I breed the feisty little devils. Hatchlings can't even draw blood and I can count the times I've actually lost blood to an adult bull with one hand - not including feeding time errors when yours truly gets fancy throwing food at multiple snakes simultaneously. They'd much prefer to intimidate you with loud noises, impressive posturing and mock strikes. Sometimes they overextend a bit with the mock strikes and hit me but by that point their mouth is already closed and they're retracting as fast as possible so you only got a headbutt. They're the ultimate cowards and the last thing they want is to accidentally hook a few teeth in the perceived threat(you) so open mouth strikes are pretty darn rare. With some positive handling sessions, I've found that most bull snakes calm down just as easily as your typical corn snake.

If you're interested in something a bit smaller though, check out Pituophis catenifer annectens. The san diego gopher snake is a close cousin(same species, different subspecies) and is usually a foot or two shorter. If morphs are your thing, the applegate albino annectens are about as nice as albino gets in any species of snake, in my opinion.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-21-2019),Ditto (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    I used to keep & raised some bull snakes too, gopher snakes as well. I can't remember any bites from anything other than hysterical hatchlings...they seem to be
    pretty intelligent as snakes go, but their occasional bluff is impressive...they're great hissers & tail-vibrators.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Ditto (08-21-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12