Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,635

1 members and 1,634 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Ace's first small rat...

The little pest...it took about an hour, and 3 attempts, before he struck and coiled at the head. The first two times, he'd go for the rat right away, but instead of going for the really warm head, he grabbed onto the arm of the rat and then half-a$$ed coiled it. So I waited until he got bored of gnawing foot, and then took it from him and warmed the head up one last time. Then I made sure I bent the rats arms back so they weren't anywhere near the head, and I laid it in front of him, head first, and moved it towards him and he finally got the head. So yeah, what usually takes maybe 10-20 minutes took an hour just to find the head. Then it took him about 5 minutes to swallow it. I picked the smallest one in the batch cuz I didn't know if he'd be able to handle the others I have, but he took this one down with ease. Hardly left a bulge in his stomach. :eek:

Anyway, here's some pics of his 3 attempts at finding the head...

<--one of my favourites

<--I love his pattern from overhead...reminds me of a spider ball sorta...
    <--finally got the head

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics. Ace kept moving around of course, and I don’t have the steadiest hands, lol. I wanted to get some pics of him finishing the rat off, and a "yawn" pic, but he was getting flinchy after a while(I would too if I had a camera an inch from my face while I'm trying to eat), so I let him be.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks

Re: Ace's first small rat...

Gosh he's a gorgeous boy! Guess he didn't know it's not nice manners to play with one's food LOL.

I love watching our snakes with their prey. Some will grab the tail and toss or flip their rat around a bit before settling in to eat. This week Ri Ri decided to drag her wean rat into her water dish and play dippy dip with it then snarf it down...who knows why but heck if they eat...I'm a happy lady! LOL Maybe Ri has decided water with eau de wean rat is a nice after dinner drink.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

wow thats cool he seems pretty small to eat a rat but i dont know.
    Pantelis
    0.0.2 Garter Snakes
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko

www.pcherps.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Gosh he's a gorgeous boy! Guess he didn't know it's not nice manners to play with one's food LOL.

I love watching our snakes with their prey. Some will grab the tail and toss or flip their rat around a bit before settling in to eat. This week Ri Ri decided to drag her wean rat into her water dish and play dippy dip with it then snarf it down...who knows why but heck if they eat...I'm a happy lady! LOL Maybe Ri has decided water with eau de wean rat is a nice after dinner drink.
    Haha, well my two haven't done anything that weird. Pelota used to always eat her rats in weird positions or coil them up really strange(such as her "Nessy" pose I posted last January), and Ace ate a rat pup in mid air(he was on the ground, but he held the front half of his body up off the ground and tried swallowing the rat as it was hanging from his mouth off in the air). The eau de wean rat thing sounds like a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by PCherper
    wow thats cool he seems pretty small to eat a rat but i dont know.
    Well I just feed him a rat as thick as his thickest part(mid-body), and currently the small rats from canadianfeeders.com is perfect size for him. They're 50-70 gram rats, so they're small small rats I suppose, lol.

Thanks

Well if I was more observant I'd have noticed your location.....hey there! how's it goin' eh?

Oh how I miss home and Tim Hortons and the word "eh" some days!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Well if I was more observant I'd have noticed your location.....hey there! how's it goin' eh?

Oh how I miss home and Tim Hortons and the word "eh" some days!

~~Jo~~
    How's it goin ya hoser there eh? I'm about to head off to watch the Maple Leafs hockey game eh?

Apparently there's some Tim Hortons in US too? I just found this out recently, lol. I thought Timmy was just in good ol' Canada. It's not as special now.

Michigan..that's just a short drive across the border from me. Haven't been in Michigan much though...just in Detroit a handful of times for car shows or school trips back in the day.

Thanks

Well fire up those husky dogs, shove the polar bears away from the doorway and get your butt back to Michigan for a visit eh (I'll have an extra large double double and a box of Timbits and a crueller please!) LOL

Yes apparently there are Timmies somewhere in the United States of America but not here in northern Michigan *pitiful sobs* Can you believe I married an American and actually live geographically further north than where I was raised in southern Ontario, sad but true! (and I cheer for the Red Wings now...please try to not hate me too too much)

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

(and I cheer for the Red Wings now...please try to not hate me too too much)
    I should get my huskies to rip you apart. Nah, sadly I used to root for the Wings back when I was like 10 years old. Only cuz my mom was the manager for our local Little Caesers and Illich is the owner of Little Caesers and the Wings(and countless other stuff...damn him). Then after years of working there, she finally "retired", and that Red Wings pressure was gone, and I fell in love with the Leafs.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well fire up those husky dogs, shove the polar bears away from the doorway and get your butt back to Michigan for a visit eh (I'll have an extra large double double and a box of Timbits and a crueller please!) LOL

Yes apparently there are Timmies somewhere in the United States of America but not here in northern Michigan *pitiful sobs* Can you believe I married an American and actually live geographically further north than where I was raised in southern Ontario, sad but true! (and I cheer for the Red Wings now...please try to not hate me too too much)

~~Jo~~
    OK, no one else is going to ask, so I will. Timmies????? What the heck are those? And double double and Timbits????

Oh, and Cody, I think that picture of Pelota would ALSO make a great BPOM entry!

Thanks

Timmies is short for Tim Hortons. The world's best 24 hr coffee shop (chain of them actually and not snooty like Starbucks). Morning isn't morning where I came from unless you grab Timmies on the way into work!

Timbits are ummm lil donut balls...like ummm donut holes? They make them in every sort of flavor and filling...and they are dirt cheap! Yummmmmmmmmmm

Extra Large Double Double is double cream, double sugar coffee...big and sweet and mmmmmmmm good!

Okay now say after me and try to lose the southern accent....Hey there! Wanna go grab a Timmies! I gotta coupla bucks eh?

There you now know Timspeak LOL

Cody dare I even try to explain to them what a looney and a twooney are?

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast