Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 426

13 members and 413 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 66,107
Threads: 240,857
Posts: 2,502,001
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, lifesong
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Albino mice

  1. #11
    Registered User Parsons483's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    They do best at lower 70's, fyi. Over 80* is not an option.
    Oops replied below in another comment


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-07-2019
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 68 Times in 50 Posts
    She's old. Put her down an tell your daughter the truth or lie, you know what's best.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

    Parsons483 (08-12-2019)

  4. #13
    Registered User Parsons483's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    She's old. Put her down an tell your daughter the truth or lie, you know what's best.
    Does she really seem old? I have no way of knowing how old she is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #14
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,934
    Thanks
    13,585
    Thanked 7,902 Times in 5,049 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    Does she really seem old? I have no way of knowing how old she is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cannot tell from photo online...but she might be, as I said earlier, & mice age pretty fast. I wonder if she had been used for breeding before sold as a pet? That matters.

    But age or illness, I really wouldn't bet on her living long att. When they lose weight like that, & their sides get a little concave & they breathe like that, it doesn't end well. Sorry...I doubt a vet can do much att, but it's up to you if you want to try, or feed a special diet, etc. All the best...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 08-12-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    Many friends in low places...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Parsons483 (08-12-2019)

  7. #15
    Registered User Parsons483's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Cannot tell from photo online...but she might be, as I said earlier, & mice age pretty fast. I wonder if she had been used for breeding before sold as a pet? That matters.

    But age or illness, I really wouldn't bet on her living long att. When they lose weight like that, & their sides get a little concave & they breathe like that, it doesn't end well. Sorry...I doubt a vet can do much att, but it's up to you if you want to try, or feed a special diet, etc. All the best...
    Thank you. Iíll see how she is tomorrow and then decide. But so for there has been no improvement .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #16
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,934
    Thanks
    13,585
    Thanked 7,902 Times in 5,049 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    Thank you. Iíll see how she is tomorrow and then decide. But so for there has been no improvement .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you said the room is well under 70*? Make sure she has extra bedding...she's used to having the others to keep warm with.
    Many friends in low places...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Parsons483 (08-12-2019)

  10. #17
    Registered User Parsons483's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Albino mice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I think you said the room is well under 70*? Make sure she has extra bedding...she's used to having the others to keep warm with.
    I got a temp monitor probe placed in her enclosure so I can keep an eye on it thanks again itís currently at 68Fahrenhight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #18
    BPnet Veteran the_rotten1's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-22-2016
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    3,181
    Thanked 643 Times in 317 Posts
    Images: 11
    I've had this problem with pet store mice before. Sometimes they just lose weight and die. Unfortunately it is contagious, so it is a good idea to separate her from the others. I hope they haven't already been exposed. If you can already feel her spine she probably won't make it, but there's still hope for the others.

    Sometimes antibiotics help, but not always. If you don't have a vet available you can get fish mox over the counter. Dosage for rats can be found here on the Rat Report website. You can reduce the dose based on weight to make it small enough for mice.

    Hope she pulls through. If you decide to add anymore mice in the future it would be best to keep them in quarantine (away from the others) for at least a month to make sure they're not sick before you add them into the same cage with the others.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

    Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (08-13-2019),Parsons483 (08-13-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1