Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,138

1 members and 3,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Clutch #4 update! Wow!

Pairing was OD Fire YB x Arroyo Mojave.
    All but one baby from this clutch shed so far and wow are these gorgeous! The pics don't do them justice at all, they look much better in person. By far my favorite clutch of the season so far!

Any guesses on the morphs? I have my guesses, just curious what others see

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2019),Cybred (08-15-2019),PghBall (08-12-2019),richardhind1972 (08-11-2019),rufretic (08-11-2019),the_rotten1 (08-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Very nice, I especially love the deeper colors, very beautiful! (can't help you with morphs though)
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    I thought that was going to be a nice pairing when you told me about it, I was right lol, it really did make some gorgeous combos! Congrats!

IDing them isn't going to be easy though. I know nothing about Arroyo and I'm not great with YB so I'm not even going to try because I don't want to mess you up. I may be able to help a little more once you list what you think they are but I definitely see OD influence in a couple of them, possibly worlds firsts depending on how many of those other genes hit. Really cool and different combos than you typically see. How many are in this clutch or how many pics of each did you post? It's a little confusing because I can see some of them are the same snake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    Looks amazing! I especially love the eyes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (08-11-2019)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Clutch #4 update! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    I thought that was going to be a nice pairing when you told me about it, I was right lol, it really did make some gorgeous combos! Congrats!

IDing them isn't going to be easy though. I know nothing about Arroyo and I'm not great with YB so I'm not even going to try because I don't want to mess you up. I may be able to help a little more once you list what you think they are but I definitely see OD influence in a couple of them, possibly worlds firsts depending on how many of those other genes hit. Really cool and different combos than you typically see. How many are in this clutch or how many pics of each did you post? It's a little confusing because I can see some of them are the same snake.
    There are 5 in the clutch, waiting on the last one to shed though, so only 4 are pictured here right now, 3 pictures of each. When the last one she's I'll also do a group photo of them. I wish it wasn't so cloudy today, their color is much better than what my phone camera picked up

My guesses are:
    Arroyo YB
    Mojave OD YB possible Arroyo
    Arroyo Mojave OD YB Fire
    OD YB Mojave Possible Arroyo

Last edited by Alexiel03; 08-11-2019 at 10:01 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

rufretic (08-11-2019)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Looks amazing! I especially love the eyes.
    Thanks, they all have gorgeous eyes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel03 View Post
    There are 5 in the clutch, waiting on the last one to shed though, so only 4 are pictured here right now, 3 pictures of each. When the last one she's I'll also do a group photo of them. I wish it wasn't so cloudy today, their color is much better than what my phone camera picked up

My guesses are:
    Arroyo YB
    Mojave OD YB possible Arroyo
    Arroyo Mojave OD YB Fire
    OD YB Mojave Possible Arroyo

Out of that list of guesses, the morphs I can confidently agree with are

YB
    Mojave OD
    Mojave OD fire
    Mojave OD

That's not to say I disagree with any of your IDs, I just don't feel confident enough in what I see to say yes or no on the YB in the others and I have no idea what Arroyo looks like or does so I'll be zero help with that morph. I think my favorite is the last one, something about it's rich color, clean lines/pattern and great contrast just really stand out to me, really beautiful!

I think you're on the right track with your IDs so far though, you made some really nice combos with this clutch, congrats again and good luck with the final IDs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (08-12-2019)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Out of that list of guesses, the morphs I can confidently agree with are

YB
    Mojave OD
    Mojave OD fire
    Mojave OD

That's not to say I disagree with any of your IDs, I just don't feel confident enough in what I see to say yes or no on the YB in the others and I have no idea what Arroyo looks like or does so I'll be zero help with that morph. I think my favorite is the last one, something about it's rich color, clean lines/pattern and great contrast just really stand out to me, really beautiful!

I think you're on the right track with your IDs so far though, you made some really nice combos with this clutch, congrats again and good luck with the final IDs.
    Here is a photo I found on MM, its a great example of an Arroyo, Freedom Breeder works with them pretty heavily and I've been in contact with them about this clutch.

If anyone could see arroyo in them its FB. As soon as the last one sheds I'll be emailing them again with pics. They definitely want to see them after sheds too

As for the YB, im not great at identifying YB in mojave since mojave tends to be pretty dominant and washes away the head stamp sometimes, but I'm sure someone will chime in on that lol would be helpful as this is my first time working with YB.

Also have someone interested in buying a couple females, I'm keeping the YB and the Mojave OD Fire one (I believe it is arroyo too) I can breed the YB back to the mojave arroyo and hopefully get a Rio!