Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,727

0 members and 2,727 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Animal Plastics?

Hey y’all. So I’ve had my first snake - a blotched kingsnake - for about a year now, and I want to get a second. I’ve had my eye on a ball python - just a regular female, cheap but beautiful - at my state’s monthly expo. I’m hoping to get one next month.

But everything I’ve read online is making me concerned. My kingsnake is in a 55 gallon glass tank, and he’s doing fine, but ball pythons need a lot more specialized care. I’m in Michigan, so when it gets cold, it gets cold, and I don’t have a very high humidity. So, instead of another glass tank, I’m looking at a pvc.

I don’t have a lot of money, so I’d probably get a T10 as they’re on sale, but what extras would I want to get? Should I buy their heat tape, light bulbs, locks? With my kingsnake, my natural temperatures and such are pretty much perfect and I didn’t have to mess around with much of anything, so I’d like to get this right.

Also, I’ve read that it can take a really long time for cages to arrive. How long should I expect?

Narrowed questions: animal plastics or others? What extras to get from them or buy elsewhere? How to manage heat/humidity while also making it a display case? How long until the cage would get here? Any else’s experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Re: Animal Plastics?

This thread is LONG but totally worth the read!

How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lew-e For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    I just got my T10 three months ago. They quoted me 10-12 weeks for arrival and they mailed it out on week 15.

Other than that it was packed very well, easy to assemble (the instructions make it sound harder than it is), and holds temp and humidity awesomely. The extra height of the T10 makes cleaning much easier.

I'm running a VE-200, VE 80w RHP, and some cabinet lighting from Amazon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoatBoy For This Useful Post:

cfd701 (08-12-2019)