Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

0 members and 2,983 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Largest snake you have been bit by, and the results

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    The biggest snake that bit me was my retic. She was about 9.5'-10' at the time, back in December. Our power went out, and I was panicking a bit so I wasn't thinking as clearly as I usually would. :/ Instead of getting River out first, I left her till last. Well, between me moving back and forth picking up snakes and bagging them up, it was working her up into food mode. On top of that, I didn't realize that the duffel bag I was going to put her in was soaked in cat urine smell. I didn't spend enough time with the hook getting her out, and she grabbed my hand, no wrap. I got my SO to try to tap her face to get her to let go, and she just dug in deeper and started to pull my hand into the enclosure. I took the tongs from him and tapped her teeth myself and she immediately let go and pulled back into her enclosure. My hand was swollen pretty bad and stung a lot, I couldn't pick up anything with that hand for a day or two and it took a few weeks for the scabs and bruises to heal. It left a little bump on my finger joint for a few months, too, but no lasting damage of any sort, and that bump is now gone.

Some of the other bites in this thread is why I usually remove my snakes from their enclosure before cleaning up, even if it's just to change water or pick up poop. If I trust them, and they're hidden, I'll chance it, but I never trust my more food oriented bebs, like River, Howl, and Crona. Nowadays I also close the doors on my tongs so the snake can't get to me even if they miss - love sliding glass doors, they feel a lot safer than I image swing doors could be.
    This is some great advice, with a swing door I'm sure u could hold them partially closed, but it would be a pain. It makes me rethink some of the procedures I follow when spot cleaning cages.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    My dwarf retic male. He was maybe 7 foot at the time. I've been nailed a few time by BP, burms, smaller retics. His was the worst. Bit and wrapped my hand shredding my middle finger in the process. It was tough to get it bandaged up. I still have a scar and a numb tingly sensation to remind me to never assume with this guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 465 Posts

Re: Largest snake you have been bit by, and the results

I was bit by my ball python that was a little over 6 ft. Nothing crazy, but the only snake that I've been bitten by.

Start your own dubia roach colony with Roach Rancher!

Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"

Thanks
    Decided to pitch in to this post even tough my bite was barely a bite. As a lot of you know I only have 1 snake, my little ball python Crowley. The bite was all my fault, I was a rookie and Crowley was a baby, probably around 1 and a half foot long, I tried to pick him up out of his feeding tub after he ate while my hands still smelled of rat. The bite felt like a mosquito bit and didn't pierce anything. Like I said, barely a bit but I decided to mention it anyway to make all your guys' bites look that much worse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123