Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,987

2 members and 2,985 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

How to secure a CHE thermostat probe?

What's the best way to secure a thermostat probe for a CHE on a tub and ensure that it won't accidentally be moved or fall out? I also want to make it so the probe isn't permanently secured so it can be removed for cleaning the enclosure, replacing it, or changing the set up...etc.

The way I secured my probe before was sticking it through one of the ventilation holes in the tub and taping the wire to the outside of the enclosure. However, this was problematic because the tape wears out after a while and it's easy for the probe to get moved or even fall out. I haven't been using my CHE since I discovered the problem as the weather is warm enough for it to not be necessary, but I'd like to get it fixed soon since the cooler weather will be back soon.

One possibility I've considered is to stick the probe through the ventilation hole like before and tie a knot in the probe's wire from inside so it can't be yanked out of the tub by accident. However, I'm not sure if that would damage the wire or impair its functionality in some way. Anyone have suggestions?
    Last edited by Luvyna; 08-05-2019 at 08:34 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    for the wire and the probe I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are extremely strong, and mine have lasted almost a year so far with no issues. Unless u remove them from pulling on the tab, they are next to impossible to pull off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (08-05-2019)

Thanks

Re: How to secure a CHE thermostat probe?

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    for the wire and the probe I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are extremely strong, and mine have lasted almost a year so far with no issues. Unless u remove them from pulling on the tab, they are next to impossible to pull off.
    Thanks, this looks like a good option! Is there any danger that the adhesive would start to wear out and cause it to fall off though? I wouldn't want my BP to get it stuck on him if that was the case.