Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,202

3 members and 3,199 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What Morph is this female retic

I am rescuing a female retic of some guy on Facebook, she is a bit of a snapper but he is telling me she is a rainbow I know that's deffinetly not what she is she looks like a platinum to me . Can someone help me out what she is thank you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: What Morph is this female retic

Looks a lot like my suntiger without the sunfire gene? My girl is more yellow on the sides. That is the Sunfire gene expression. Can you get photos of her sides?

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 07-29-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Looks a lot like my suntiger without the sunfire gene? My girl is more yellow on the sides. That is the Sunfire gene expression. Can you get photos of her sides?

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
    I have videos but unable to upload and they are the only ones up to now he’s sent me so you think she is a tiger then maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

I'm far from a retic expert, but I'd agree this looks like a tiger morph. You can look at the ones on this page that are just tiger or only have tiger and heterozygous recessive genes and see the resemblance.

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...sort=le&page=1

It might be easier for you to compare against these and the video you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

callumdegg (07-29-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    I'm far from a retic expert, but I'd agree this looks like a tiger morph. You can look at the ones on this page that are just tiger or only have tiger and heterozygous recessive genes and see the resemblance.

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...sort=le&page=1

It might be easier for you to compare against these and the video you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It looks like a tiger . Thank you

I will know more when I recive her .. her current owner cannot deal with her as she is abit on the snappy side, but I'd imagine it's all food orientated I only payed £30 for her so she is a cheap welcome to the collection lol .

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Yes, that is a tiger, mainland morph
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by callumdegg View Post
    It looks like a tiger . Thank you

I will know more when I recive her .. her current owner cannot deal with her as she is abit on the snappy side, but I'd imagine it's all food orientated I only payed £30 for her so she is a cheap welcome to the collection lol .

She looks to be smaller than my girl. Have you asked her eating habits? She is going to get big so a nice size custom enclosure would be nice. They are intelligent powerful creatures. IDK if she will calm down or not. A place to climb is nice as well. I would give her a large concrete mixing tub for a water area and room to explore and build a large hide she can feel safe in. 4 ft by 4 ft would be good for hide and 6 to 8 inches high. I leave one side open so she can get in and out and face the opening away from the window but not towards the back. Works for me. Let her settle for a month or so and offer food weekly till you learn her habits. If you feed only in one spot they will learn where to ask for food when hungry over time. This can still be interesting because they know what to expect and can get excited. After settling in a month or 2 I would start working with her some to get her accustomed to being handled some. If you are lucky she will poop and pee in her water dish. Tap training is helpful and they get the idea quickly. Some will run when you do this. Some will get defensive till they want to back down. or feel you are not a threat. Be patient. I cycle the light just because it is more natural but not necessary. Slowly build her trust but keep in mind she might never be as calm as my girl is. I am very lucky with both my females. I work with them lots and so did their previous owners. Also research her history if you can about if she is wild caught or captive. They move things around a lot at times and lazy days others. They need to feel safe and not be hungry. It is that simple. Trust comes slowly and might not come at all in some cases. They are determined at times to do what they want and can be challenging to handle because of size and strength and how active they are. She looks to be 8ft ish? Keep us posted on the progress.

With her still growing, she will have a growth spurt sometimes and will want more food during those times. Then feeding slows down but food size gets larger as she does.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 07-30-2019 at 11:09 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

callumdegg (07-30-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    She looks to be smaller than my girl. Have you asked her eating habits? She is going to get big so a nice size custom enclosure would be nice. They are intelligent powerful creatures. IDK if she will calm down or not. A place to climb is nice as well. I would give her a large concrete mixing tub for a water area and room to explore and build a large hide she can feel safe in. 4 ft by 4 ft would be good for hide and 6 to 8 inches high. I leave one side open so she can get in and out and face the opening away from the window but not towards the back. Works for me. Let her settle for a month or so and offer food weekly till you learn her habits. If you feed only in one spot they will learn where to ask for food when hungry over time. This can still be interesting because they know what to expect and can get excited. After settling in a month or 2 I would start working with her some to get her accustomed to being handled some. If you are lucky she will poop and pee in her water dish. Tap training is helpful and they get the idea quickly. Some will run when you do this. Some will get defensive till they want to back down. or feel you are not a threat. Be patient. I cycle the light just because it is more natural but not necessary. Slowly build her trust but keep in mind she might never be as calm as my girl is. I am very lucky with both my females. I work with them lots and so did their previous owners. Also research her history if you can about if she is wild caught or captive. They move things around a lot at times and lazy days others. They need to feel safe and not be hungry. It is that simple. Trust comes slowly and might not come at all in some cases. They are determined at times to do what they want and can be challenging to handle because of size and strength and how active they are. She looks to be 8ft ish? Keep us posted on the progress.

With her still growing, she will have a growth spurt sometimes and will want more food during those times. Then feeding slows down but food size gets larger as she does.

She is feeding on 2 jumbo rats every 10-12 days and I am in the process of making a 10ft x 4ft vivarium for her out of melamine ,
    And in all honesty I was going to just black out 1 side of vivarium with plastic cover but I might do that thank you . And I was thinking more of a week but I will leave her for a month or so,I already have a couple retics and a handful of Burmese pythons but never bought one this old also aggressive I am hoping that she has just not been handled correctly and abit of tap training will sort her out as apparently once she is out for a while she is fine . It’s just trying to get her out haha . And she is a cb17 he bought her as a baby but tried telling me she is a rainbow retic , so he obviously bought her with no clue in first place .. thank you for your information it really helps in the situation I will keep you all updated

Thanks

She is feeding on 2 jumbo rats every 10-12 days and I am in the process of making a 10ft x 4ft vivarium for her out of melamine ,
    And in all honesty I was going to just black out 1 side of vivarium with plastic cover but I might do that thank you . And I was thinking more of a week but I will leave her for a month or so,I already have a couple retics and a handful of Burmese pythons but never bought one this old also aggressive I am hoping that she has just not been handled correctly and abit of tap training will sort her out as apparently once she is out for a while she is fine . It’s just trying to get her out haha . And she is a cb17 he bought her as a baby but tried telling me she is a rainbow retic , so he obviously bought her with no clue in first place .. thank you for your information it really helps in the situation I will keep you all updated

I am far from expert but I know they take more patience than other species because they are intelligent. Just because she hates one person doesn't mean she will or will not hate you. Both my big girls knows that if they want to be left alone I will but they are ok being out most days. Others have had bad experiences and some are quite difficult to deal with. Neither of mine have ever even tried to bite anyone. Either I am really lucky or good at handling them and bonding with them. I did have a male for a while but he got grump last year around breeding season. I do educational programs and he was not good for that. He bit me only once and tried a couple of other times. He was ok most days but breeding mode was real!

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

. And she is a cb17 he bought her as a baby but tried telling me she is a rainbow retic , so he obviously bought her with no clue in first place .. t
    Rainbow is a morph Prehistoric Pets is working on, but yeah, that one you have is a tiger.
    just fyi https://prehistoricpets.com/rainbow
    For the Horde!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast