Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,938

0 members and 2,938 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubber Boa’s

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rubber Boa’s

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Unless you're talking about a really BIG snake (whose longer teeth + strength w/ tearing motion in worst case scenario like a feeding bite can & have sometimes resulted
    in lasting nerve damage), or venomous snake (don't even go there), the bites from any typical harmless pet snake is NOT any big deal. They happen fast, & those little
    teeth make an ouch much like getting an injection at the doctor...it's over before you know it & heals fast, rarely ever getting infected, even without treatment.

But a bite won't endear a snake to family members that are at all afraid of snakes...so bites are best avoided for them. To be successful in handling snakes, you need to
    be able to relax, & fear just works against you. I'm not saying that snakes "smell fear" or any such thing...I just know from my own experience that trust is a 2-way street.
    I don’t think I will mind being bit, I definitely don’t fear it like I would with a big constrictor or a venomous snake. My wife is the toughest woman I’ve ever met so though I don’t want her to get bit, if she did she would shrug that off so quick. I think sometimes she has a higher pain tolerance than me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Most women do deal with pain better than men... (we don't have a choice) and for anyone (man or woman) who has ever done a
    little hand-sewing & poked their finger with a needle or a pin, they already "know" what snake teeth feel like. Not the end of the world.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 07-31-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (08-01-2019),Spicey (06-22-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    I found a nice breeder on Facebook who’s got some great reviews if you want his info btw, he charges $275 for Rubbers and he should have them in stock soon.
    Sorry to butt in, but I've also been researching rubber boas - I've got one myself, but have been struggling to find a second (as I want a pair to breed them down the road). Would you mind sharing the info for that seller? I've found breeders insanely hard to find, outside of Zerkle Reptiles (where I got my first one)!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcarlson View Post
    Sorry to butt in, but I've also been researching rubber boas - I've got one myself, but have been struggling to find a second (as I want a pair to breed them down the road). Would you mind sharing the info for that seller? I've found breeders insanely hard to find, outside of Zerkle Reptiles (where I got my first one)!
    I haven't seen "Newman" around much these days- you might have better luck with a PM to him?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Try checking in with Mike Schultz over at RL Exotics. He had some at the Schaumberg show this past weekend. Not sure he has any left but you might get lucky
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asplundii For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-22-2021),nikkubus (06-22-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I haven't seen "Newman" around much these days- you might have better luck with a PM to him?
    Good to know! I just did that I'm pretty clumsy and new on these forums, so the advice was much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    Try checking in with Mike Schultz over at RL Exotics. He had some at the Schaumberg show this past weekend. Not sure he has any left but you might get lucky
    Sweet! Ironically, I think I saw a photo of their snakes (because I remember the show name), but couldn't for the life of me find out who the seller was until now! So this is wonderful, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12