Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
I think this is for the best...& for doing research...it really does pay off.

The thing is, if you went against the store's advice & took him to the vet on your own, they'd have legally washed their hands of him, & he might not have gotten well.
Considering the fact that they sold you a sick snake, I also wouldn't really take their word for it that "he's NEVER been medicated" by them previously... Just saying.
Not every seller is honest, sadly.

From all that you've done up to this point, I think you're going to be a very good snake owner...so I hate to see you start off with a difficult (sick) snake- like I did, years ago.

One thing...it's absolutely ESSENTIAL that you completely disinfect the cage you've had him in, well before getting any new snake. That means: throw out anything that
is porous, & you might as well give that cork bark to the store when you return him...it wouldn't be safe to use with the next occupant...it could spread whatever he has.
So anything like paper, wood (branches, tunnels, hides etc.), cork, cardboard must be thrown away...so sorry.

Anything plastic, metal, rock, or glass can be washed (soap & water), then disinfected with multiple products: ammonia (follow instructions, you need GOOD ventilation!),
& at least one of the following- F10, chlorhexidine/Nolvasan, rubbing alcohol (also nasty to breathe), diluted bleach (very nasty & not necessary if you used ammonia).
NONE of these should be mixed together, be sure you rinse the cage & accessories very well between all applications. OK?
Yep I will start cleaning everything later today after I return him! Do you know of any good breeders I might check out?