Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

1 members and 3,227 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Serpensortia ...? - Draco Malfoy and the Pertinacious Python (feat. Rae)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    I've seen examples of the patterns under black light too, it's SUCH a cool phenomenon! I also love how many incredible new things I've learned since I started keeping snakes.
    I told my wife about that yesterday she said apparently she wants a Blue Eyed Lucy eventually lol she’s pregnant and hormonal so we will have to wait and do further recognizance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

I've seen examples of the patterns under black light too, it's SUCH a cool phenomenon! I also love how many incredible new things I've learned since I started keeping snakes.
    That's why we all keeping getting more snakes...it's our pursuit of education, how can that possibly be a bad thing?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (08-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    I told my wife about that yesterday she said apparently she wants a Blue Eyed Lucy eventually lol she’s pregnant and hormonal so we will have to wait and do further recognizance lol

Still, that sounds pretty promising. Maybe you should get it in writing, while her mood lasts?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    NewmanLovesSnakes, that does sound promising! And BELs are so affordably priced nowadays, too. I'm sure many of us would be happy to oblige with more photos and fun facts, if she - and you, of course - remain interested when the time (inevitably) comes for another new snake.

And Bogertophis, you may be amused to know that my sister has recently been trying her darndest to talk me into considering a hognose, lol.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-02-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (08-02-2019)

Thanks

NewmanLovesSnakes, that does sound promising! And BELs are so affordably priced nowadays, too. I'm sure many of us would be happy to oblige with more photos and fun facts, if she - and you, of course - remain interested when the time (inevitably) comes for another new snake.

And Bogertophis, you may be amused to know that my sister has recently been trying her darndest to talk me into considering a hognose, lol.
    I would definitely love more than one and I miss my BP too. Probably my favorite species. I already price checked them and the price is not too bad honestly. 300 on the low end a 500 on the high.

Thanks
    I think you both need a Trans Pecos rat snake too...they stay about 4' as adults & are docile* and nosy....very cute snakes! (*at least I've never met one
    that wasn't docile...mine have all been normal phase, in case that's a factor-) The normals are about the color of the snake in photo under my name, but that's not a T.P. plus they have big goofy eyes, what's not to love?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 08-02-2019 at 08:49 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I think you both need a Trans Pecos rat snake too...they stay about 4' as adults & are docile* and nosy....very cute snakes! (*at least I've never met one
    that wasn't docile...mine have all been normal phase, in case that's a factor-) The normals are about the color of the snake in photo under my name, but that's not a T.P. plus they have big goofy eyes, what's not to love?
    I do love Rat Snakes, that’s probably everyone’s first snake they encounter in the wild. I know for me it was. That being said my personal order of March would be either a Blue Eyed Lucy or Rubber Boa. If I was able to way way down the line get a 3rd snake I would most likely choose some type of King Snake. I love King Snakes and have for years. There my favorite native.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    I do love Rat Snakes, that’s probably everyone’s first snake they encounter in the wild. I know for me it was. That being said my personal order of March would be either a Blue Eyed Lucy or Rubber Boa. If I was able to way way down the line get a 3rd snake I would most likely choose some type of King Snake. I love King Snakes and have for years. There my favorite native.

I was thinking more along the lines of something your wife might relate to...docile & hatchlings are too small to be scary- easy to feed & not inclined to bite...but hey,
    we all like different things.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think I'll always get the strongest draw towards the heft and feel of pythons and boas, even if I may not ever realistically be able to own the really big ones like reticulated or Burmese pythons. With that said, if you were to plop a Mexican Black Kingsnake in front of me, or a Trans Pecos rat snake (especially a cool axanthic), or a Superconda hognose ... it would be exceedingly difficult for me to suppress my immediate "YES, I WANT IT" reaction.

I will say that, as far as family members go, if they have a hand in choosing a snake, it goes a long way toward increasing their bond with it. Ignis is the "first child" among my snakes, and I had almost all my first-time learning experiences with him, so I know I probably dote on him the most. However, my family came with me to the second reptile expo, and after following me as I scouted out every table that had blue-eyed lucies, both my parents took a shine to Ravus and urged me to choose him. He is now their favorite. I've haven't heard my mother baby-talk to our dog the way she coos over Rae, haha.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-02-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (08-02-2019)

Thanks

Serpensortia ...? - Draco Malfoy and the Pertinacious Python (feat. Rae)

I think I'll always get the strongest draw towards the heft and feel of pythons and boas, even if I may not ever realistically be able to own the really big ones like reticulated or Burmese pythons. With that said, if you were to plop a Mexican Black Kingsnake in front of me, or a Trans Pecos rat snake (especially a cool axanthic), or a Superconda hognose ... it would be exceedingly difficult for me to suppress my immediate "YES, I WANT IT" reaction.

I will say that, as far as family members go, if they have a hand in choosing a snake, it goes a long way toward increasing their bond with it. Ignis is the "first child" among my snakes, and I had almost all my first-time learning experiences with him, so I know I probably dote on him the most. However, my family came with me to the second reptile expo, and after following me as I scouted out every table that had blue-eyed lucies, both my parents took a shine to Ravus and urged me to choose him. He is now their favorite. I've haven't heard my mother baby-talk to our dog the way she coos over Rae, haha.
    That’s so cool that your parents love your little noodle too. My wife really took a liking to your blue eyed Lucy and albino and white animals fascinate me. I would pick up a Blue Eyed Lucy in a heart beat if she wanted one and was still serious about it. Even if she just wanted it to look at it occasionally I still could justify getting it and caring for it

Last edited by NewmanLovesSnakes; 08-03-2019 at 11:08 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

RedRabbit (08-17-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12