Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,981

1 members and 2,980 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Red face lenneta did what!!!!!??????

i was removing feeder insects from Lenetta's cage this morning when i noticed she was smiling(like this: ) (i know that its just the shape of her mouth, but today she looked like she was REALLY smiling) i saw an insect that still had calcium/multivitamin dust on it. i held it by the leg and Lenetta ate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am so happy. this is the first time she did that and (according to wikipedia) it means that she trusts me, especially because the warm hide was removed from on top of her. last night she was crawling on my hand and i let her crawl around the room a let a mealworm on the floor. she ignored it. i was kind of sad when i got tired. i put her away though.
    Last edited by Coyote peterson; 07-18-2019 at 02:26 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coyote peterson For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-18-2019),dakski (07-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: lenneta did what!!!!!??????

If she eats out of your hand, it is a sign of trust and of her demeanor/personality.

I have 3 leopard geckos. 2 will eat out of my hand in the cage, and one, Cleo, the total calm and chill one, will eat out of my hand anywhere.

Don't worry if she didn't eat out of her cage/comfort zone. Great that's she's chill with you and eating well.

Carra and Kayla, my other two LG's, will be squirmy with the lights on, but when I take them out at night, they are fine. Cleo is chill all the time.

I worked hard with Carra and Kayla, at night, to get them to calm and used to handling.

Very good Lenetta seems chill already.

Post some pics and don't be afraid to ask any questions you aren't sure about.