Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,432

1 members and 2,431 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Re: 3 days in after bringing home my first BP! Meet Guts! (help needed) *LONG POST*

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    ... Even toilet paper tubes used for enrichment should be cut along the vertical side so they form a "U" shaped hide rather than a tube. Also, that small hole I see in the side of the log could be a hazard if your BP gets a little bigger and tries to climb through it....
    Do be very careful about cage furnishings that have holes your snake can only get partway thru (& remember they get wider after meals). In the wild, snakes die when
    they get stuck trying to go thru chicken wire or bird netting that people use in their gardens, because their scales are directional & catch, preventing them from backing
    out. Many cool-looing cage furnishings designed for fish tanks are NOT safe for snakes, both because of small holes they'll get stuck in & because of sharp edges inside.

That said, paper towel rolls are quite safe. True, you may not be able to make your snake come out when you want him to, but IF you really need to get him out for some
    reason, all you have to do is tear the cardboard along the diagonal where it's glued together. They tear open easily if you follow that little groove. And new tubes are
    pretty easy to come by ...I use them as snake "toys" with no problem, until the snake outgrows them.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-17-2019),Luvyna (07-17-2019)

Thanks

Re: 3 days in after bringing home my first BP! Meet Guts! (help needed) *LONG POST*

He ate!!! I am so happy! He ate his first feeding today and seemed pretty ravenous.Thanks everyone for all of the great tips posted here. I went ahead and implemented some changes to help humidify and I’ve got some items ordered and on the way to fix many of the other issues. I’m just so happy he took the feeder from me, with how picky BP’s can be I’m hoping this can atleast indicate he is in ok heath/stress levels for now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to viennae For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (07-18-2019)

Thanks

He ate!!! My first ever feeeing! I am so happy! He ate his first feeding today and seemed pretty ravenous.Thanks everyone for all of the great tips posted here. I went ahead and implemented some changes to help humidity and I’ve got some items ordered and on the way to fix many of the other issues. I’m just so happy he took the feeder from me, with how picky BP’s can be I’m hoping this can atleast indicate he is in ok heath/stress levels for now.

Thanks
    Congrats that he ate, that's awesome and a great sign!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12