Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,057

2 members and 3,055 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Back to the Future

Quote Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
    When I was a kid growing up in Milwaukee, we always took the out of town visitors to one of the big three breweries (Pabst, Miller, Schlitz). As part of one of the tours, they always talked about the number of breweries in the US before Prohibition versus the number of present day (1970s & 1980s back then). With the craft brewery explosion of the past 10-20 years, the brewing industry across America is much akin to what the landscape was before Prohibition. Kind of simiar to what I experienced living in Germany...there were a lot of local breweries in the small towns that would be akin to a craft brewery today.

Having been to Europe (eastern Europe, ie Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Romania) and experienced the different culture around drinking in general, I can appreciate the similarities. I enjoy that the craft brewing industry is trending more toward socializing and enjoying the taste of the beer rather than simply getting drunk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (07-18-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Craft Beer anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Anyone else on the forum dabble in the craft beer world? My hubs and I have been getting into the community more and more - living where we do, we have a few really good breweries nearby that we like to visit often. We recently went to a new beer release event at a local brewery in which we arrived at 3AM in the MORNING and were still 191 and 192 in line. Super chill crowd though, everyone sharing tastes and swapping different beer, and all there to enjoy the time.

I didn't like IPAs until about a year ago, and have had to develop the taste, but really enjoy the community and the people we've met. Plus, we enjoy travelling and we've found we really enjoy searching down breweries in the places we travel to. Some are great, some are not so great, but again, usually it's the people that make it fun.

I love craft beer, I would buy something different every single time I would decide to drink. My personal favorite is Samuel Adams Summer Lager. I really like the brewery with the Native American head on it, I can’t for the life of me spell the name of the brewery. My all time favorite beer is yuengling though. If you have never had beer from Germany or other parts of Europe I highly recommend that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (07-18-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12