Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

3 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Aspen shavings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Aspen shavings

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Thank you.

I've gone through EVERY WORD multiple times and can't for the life of me figure out how any of it was taken as personal, an attack or even rude. Just blunt.
    I swapped to skimming the last 10 or so posts, but I didn't see anything rude or attacking either. I did find it a bit off-putting that both of you were "beating a dead horse" as it were after the first few back and forth posts. By then, it wasn't really doing much for the discussion.

For OP, I'd preference paper towel in the interim for a new snake. It is likely something also on-hand and is a very typical quarantine substrate so you can keep an eye on poops, potential mites, and any other weird discharge. Since it is only a few weeks until you can get the preferred substrate, it is perfectly fine. (Some keepers use it full time, or another paper substrate, so it isn't even a bad choice, only a personal one.)

Aspen is not the end of the world, but is probably not as good of a choice as paper towel or even newspaper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-09-2019),Craiga 01453 (07-09-2019),Parsons483 (07-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts
    I'm not an aspen fan either. New snakes, I use white paper towels too, until I can assess their health (any mites? any strange feces, like with blood or mucus?).

I like & have used orchid bark...you can also buy it from nursery/landscaping businesses or florists...but try to be sure it's "organic" & not chemically treated. It
    holds humidity, comes in small or large chunks, & offers excellent traction for a snake to work their "abs" (ventral muscles) on. Usually the "orchid bark" you get
    from pet stores will cost a fortune for a little bag, compared to other sources that are a far better deal (big bags, lower price).

All the best...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Parsons483 (07-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Re: Aspen shavings

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I'll be happy to ignore you.

But I'm curious, can you site specific examples of how my "word choice came of as a personal attack"?? Cause I NEVER said anything about the person as a whole.

Show me EXACTLY what was "attackish or judgemental".

I'm happy to take advice. But simply whining isn't going to get me to change my mind. If you can show me anything that was rude, judgemental or a personal attack I will gladly eat my words. I don't treat people like dirt, and there's a reason my reputation rating is as high as it is. Sometimes people just need to toughen up. I am so sick of having to sugar coat, walk on eggshells and talk to people like they're kindergartners.

Just so you know, I've had multiple people PM me and say that they agree that I've done nothing wrong in this thread.

I don't have double standards, I just have no patience for people who say things like "I'm well aware" yet have done nothing right in the situation.
    Dude don’t let him ruin your day, Peace
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-09-2019),Parsons483 (07-10-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345