Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,182

1 members and 2,181 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aspen shavings

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Aspen shavings

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    All I asked for was people’s opinion on aspen shavings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, well I tried to help you and your animal. I guess I'll just walk away from this thread.

From now on maybe I'll start asking people for permission to go above and beyond to try to help them and their pets...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Ok, well I tried to help you and your animal. I guess I'll just walk away from this thread.

From now on maybe I'll start asking people for permission to go above and beyond to try to help them and their pets...
    Maybe try answering their question and give further advice if they ask for it... and do it in a way that doesn’t come off as rude and insulting.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Parsons483 For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (07-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    Maybe try answering their question and give further advice if they ask for it... and do it in a way that doesn’t come off as rude and insulting.

I still don't think a single thing I said was rude or insulting.

Maybe I just need to accept that the world is going marshmallow soft. Seems way too many people are messing their Huggies when receiving constructive criticism.
    Any way, I'm done with this thread and done with people who whine when people try to help.

Peace

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (07-09-2019),jmcrook (07-09-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Again, I respect your opinion, but disagree. I simply stated facts and proposed questions.
    If I was name calling, insulting or something of the sort, then you'd have a valid point, in my opinion.

It's a sad world we live in when people get butthurt over being corrected. Why ask questions if you don't want answers? And any which way, I don't recall you being a part of the conversation, so not sure what your issue is...
    I’m pretty sure I stated what the issue is, but with your mindset we are going to get absolutely no where with this conversation. I’ll state it a little more clearly. Your word choice and how you came across is like a personal attack. When I said the same thing to you last week about how I did not specifically address you, you Pm’ed me telling me that was not cool and I apologized but I understand you have double standards. Do me the favor and when you see my post don’t offer me any advise at all. If your cool with treating people like dirt with how you offer advise then that’s fine with me. You have obviously missed the point that true advise does not have to come off sound, attackish or judgmental. You want to give advise but can’t accept advise in return.

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    I’m pretty sure I stated what the issue is, but with your mindset we are going to get absolutely no where with this conversation. I’ll state it a little more clearly. Your word choice and how you came across is like a personal attack. When I said the same thing to you last week about how I did not specifically address you, you Pm’ed me telling me that was not cool and I apologized but I understand you have double standards. Do me the favor and when you see my post don’t offer me any advise at all. If your cool with treating people like dirt with how you offer advise then that’s fine with me. You have obviously missed the point that true advise does not have to come off sound, attackish or judgmental. You want to give advise but can’t accept advise in return. You talk about the world going soft but I can promise you in person you would think about talking to people a little differently vs over the internet.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Aspen shavings

I detest aspen ...

It looks completely unnatural , won’t hold any humidity, it ‘seems’ to drain the colour out of the snakes ..plus it gets all over the house and carpets !!

Repti/Orchid bark is the polar opposite to aspen as it looks natural , enhances the snake colouration and us fabulous for regulating humidity

Aspen

Orchid bark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 07-09-2019 at 02:19 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-09-2019),Burticus (07-09-2019),Craiga 01453 (07-09-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (07-09-2019),Parsons483 (07-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    I’m pretty sure I stated what the issue is, but with your mindset we are going to get absolutely no where with this conversation. I’ll state it a little more clearly. Your word choice and how you came across is like a personal attack. When I said the same thing to you last week about how I did not specifically address you, you Pm’ed me telling me that was not cool and I apologized but I understand you have double standards. Do me the favor and when you see my post don’t offer me any advise at all. If your cool with treating people like dirt with how you offer advise then that’s fine with me. You have obviously missed the point that true advise does not have to come off sound, attackish or judgmental. You want to give advise but can’t accept advise in return.

I'll be happy to ignore you.

But I'm curious, can you site specific examples of how my "word choice came of as a personal attack"?? Cause I NEVER said anything about the person as a whole.

Show me EXACTLY what was "attackish or judgemental".

I'm happy to take advice. But simply whining isn't going to get me to change my mind. If you can show me anything that was rude, judgemental or a personal attack I will gladly eat my words. I don't treat people like dirt, and there's a reason my reputation rating is as high as it is. Sometimes people just need to toughen up. I am so sick of having to sugar coat, walk on eggshells and talk to people like they're kindergartners.

Just so you know, I've had multiple people PM me and say that they agree that I've done nothing wrong in this thread.

I don't have double standards, I just have no patience for people who say things like "I'm well aware" yet have done nothing right in the situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I detest aspen ...

It looks completely unnatural , won’t hold any humidity, it ‘seems’ to drain the colour out of the snakes ..plus it gets all over the house and carpets !!

Repti/Orchid bark is the polar opposite to aspen as it looks natural , enhances the snake colouration and us fabulous for regulating humidity

Aspen

Orchid bark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I only need to use it for a few weeks until I can get the god stuff. The repti orchid looks what’s in there already so I will get that when I get paid thank you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Parsons483 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-10-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    So I have been following this thread for a bit. I don't understand why you think that he was trying to attack you. He simply told u what was wrong. Granted it was a bit gruff, but in no way did he try to insult you. He didnt call you names, or attack your beliefs. He simply stated what was wrong. Now you may not like what he said, or appreaciate the tone, but in no way did he try to attack you. He simply stated your husbandry needed improvment. Just because you dont like how someone approaches you that does not mean its an attack. You need to learn to have a thick skin. All of the points he brought up were completely valid. He did not say one thing that did not have to do with husbandry. I would go through each post one by one, but I am not going to waste my time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    So I have been following this thread for a bit. I don't understand why you think that he was trying to attack you. He simply told u what was wrong. Granted it was a bit gruff, but in no way did he try to insult you. He didnt call you names, or attack your beliefs. He simply stated what was wrong. Now you may not like what he said, or appreaciate the tone, but in no way did he try to attack you. He simply stated your husbandry needed improvment. Just because you dont like how someone approaches you that does not mean its an attack. You need to learn to have a thick skin. All of the points he brought up were completely valid. He did not say one thing that did not have to do with husbandry. I would go through each post one by one, but I am not going to waste my time.
    Thank you.

I've gone through EVERY WORD multiple times and can't for the life of me figure out how any of it was taken as personal, an attack or even rude. Just blunt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast