Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,956

1 members and 1,955 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Going to be a happy snake owner soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Which part of it got severed? Macaws missing body parts should be cheaper, IMHO...did you try to make an offer? ....

Anyway, snakes are much cooler pets...they never scream in your ears & deafen you. And they don't need constant attention the way such birds do...be careful what
    you wish for.
    Exotic birds are right up there with snakes for me. The two animals will always interest me and they are both so enjoyable in different ways. They have challenges but that’s all part of the fun of it I did not make the man an offer, $800 was a amazing deal and I felt personally offering anything less would be very disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-03-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Congrats! Nothing like waiting for a new snake <3 I swear I always feel like a kid again waiting for Santa whenever I wait for a new addition! Can't wait to see pics!
    If that ain’t the truest thing I’ve heard all day lol I just told my wife yesterday to not even bother getting me anything for Christmas since I’m getting this and just focus on getting stuff for her and my son.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-03-2019),MissterDog (07-03-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That was like my latest purchase. I had 4 weeks to pay it off, and I did it in 7 days just cause of the anticipation. It drove me to get it paid asap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    ... I did not make the man an offer, $800 was a amazing deal and I felt personally offering anything less would be very disrespectful...
    Just so you know, a wink and a laugh both indicated that I was kidding! I was making light of your typo- I'm pretty sure you meant to type "severe macaw"?
    Not a "severed" one...

sev·er

/ˈsevər/
    verb

• divide by cutting or slicing, especially suddenly and forcibly.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the head was severed from the body"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: cut off, chop off, lop off, hack off, cleave, hew off, shear off, slice off, split; More

Last edited by Bogertophis; 07-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just so you know, a wink and a laugh both indicated that I was kidding! I was making light of your typo- I'm pretty sure you meant to type "severe macaw"?
    Not a "severed" one...

sev·er

/ˈsevər/
    verb

• divide by cutting or slicing, especially suddenly and forcibly.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the head was severed from the body"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: cut off, chop off, lop off, hack off, cleave, hew off, shear off, slice off, split; More

I totally misread your original response lol now that I see the typo I see the error in my ways

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-03-2019),richardhind1972 (07-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    Exotic birds are right up there with snakes for me. The two animals will always interest me and they are both so enjoyable in different ways. They have challenges but that’s all part of the fun of it I did not make the man an offer, $800 was a amazing deal and I felt personally offering anything less would be very disrespectful.

I worked with an Air Force Major several years back and he made a comment one day about his wife's birds. We began talking and he explained to me his wife has been raising Macaws and a few other species for years...had just over 100 of them in their basement. I had some Sun Conures years ago and some friends had some Macaws...just cannot imagine the noise coming out of that basement!
    XPLSV
    _______

2.2 Pokigron Surninam, Rio Bravo line
    1.0 Pomaville Peruvian

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XPLSV For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-11-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (07-11-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
    I worked with an Air Force Major several years back and he made a comment one day about his wife's birds. We began talking and he explained to me his wife has been raising Macaws and a few other species for years...had just over 100 of them in their basement. I had some Sun Conures years ago and some friends had some Macaws...just cannot imagine the noise coming out of that basement!
    I would of been def lol he might of been close since he’s been in the Air Force that long I’m still going to get a bird I’m just going to wait till I own my own home so I can give it adequate space. Sun Conures are beautiful too and I’ve considered them since they are way cheaper lol

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
    An exotic vet I used to know (in CA) had a number of rescued birds that he & his wife took in. They had nowhere near 100, but I found the decibels hard to take, even
    temporarily when I visited. I can see why people get them (beauty, brains & just so COOL!) but also why they give them up...I'll stick with snakes!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (07-11-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12