Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,870

0 members and 2,870 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: W. VA Man charged after large python escapes

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    The failure to control/roaming at large is really all they can hit him with. ACO's in this state wouldn't recognize exotic animal neglect if they fell in it; they're basically trained for "cute and furry" and livestock. It's basically a resources issue, as most incidents are for things like puppy mills or hoarding cases.
    Yeah I completely agree since you put it that way, but I would say 100% for certain they got some type of Failure to Control charge. A lot of ACO’s don’t know jack about snakes. When I was a MP we had civilian ran game enforcement (they were all the best men you could ever ask for and I liked them more than the soldiers). My wife saw a huge Timber Rattle Snake in the front yard so we called Game Enforcement to move it and my buddy told me they are not native to Louisiana I quickly corrected him and then told the Warden and we laughed and laughed. So I agree completely. I love the emblem btw :Mustang Nation:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: W. VA Man charged after large python escapes

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
    ...I’m all for people feeling the full ramifications of the law for not taking care of their exotics properly, that’s how we end up with invasive species like the several huge constructors that are calling Florida home currently. Having exotic animals is a huge responsibility and should be treated as such...
    Plenty of accidental as well as deliberate release of exotic animals, but that's only part of the cause...I believe a hurricane or 2 many years back started the mess in FL.
    Very hard to have prevented those escapes, and the local terrain is just too inviting.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (06-29-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12