Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,691

0 members and 2,691 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Little update on him, is that he is doing much better. Spending normal time in water and burrowing around. He is still pretty calm which is good. From last vet visit we decided to go with injections instead of oral. The symptoms are fading fast and he seems to be doing better. At the moment the only concern the vet and i have is feeding. I want to try and see if he will take live before asking the vet about forced feeding. Of course since i dont have experience doing this, the vet will. But hopefully it wont come to that. He did recommend keeping the temp a tad higher for medication for a while, so today will lower it to a more comfortable setting like SMTHook said.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltonrouse For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2019)

Thanks

Re: Questions about new Viper Boa

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonrouse View Post
    Little update on him, is that he is doing much better. Spending normal time in water and burrowing around. He is still pretty calm which is good. From last vet visit we decided to go with injections instead of oral. The symptoms are fading fast and he seems to be doing better. At the moment the only concern the vet and i have is feeding. I want to try and see if he will take live before asking the vet about forced feeding. Of course since i dont have experience doing this, the vet will. But hopefully it wont come to that. He did recommend keeping the temp a tad higher for medication for a while, so today will lower it to a more comfortable setting like SMTHook said.
    That's good news. It took me a lot of trial and error to get to thriving. I'd take it down slow. Below 90 for sure though, that should be the absolute highest.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonrouse View Post
    Glad to hear the good news!
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks

Any more updates on this guy? Looks like such a cool snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12