Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 509

0 members and 509 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Setting up shipping for ball pythons

Hello everyone, I'm considering shipping ball pythons this time, since its harder to sell locally here (I live is a small town) I've never shipped live animals before so I'm a bit lost lol

I know how to set up the boxes and packing material, but I'm not sure how to set up the paypal for payments or doing the lables and such.

I don't have a bank account so how would I use the money from my sales from paypal? I do have a card that i can reload and use (not a paypal card) I plan on using the money I get to buy more food, bedding etc.

If someone could give me a how to on the entire process from, payments to creating a lable and shipping, that would be really helpful.

Also the nearest FedEx is about 40 mins from me in another town, so I'm assuming I can have them pick it up from my home to ship out?

Thanks

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Setting up shipping for ball pythons

My best advice is to use shipyourreptiles.com
    Read their website, Call them, email then, ask them questions, they will help you out tremendously!

Get a bank account! Lol

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-25-2019),Judy@SYR (06-25-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do not recommend pickup when the temps are as high as they are there is no ac in many of those trucks and your animal can be on the truck for several hours before getting to the hub. Drop off your animal yourself and do so 30 min to an hour before the last hub pickup to limit the animal's time in the box.

As far as using your paypal account to pay for your label you can do so if you use https://www.reptilesexpress.com/

When shipping make sure to know your temps the temps must be optimum in three points (origin, main hub and destination at ETA which is usually 10.30 am)

For everything else https://www.reptilesexpress.com/checklist.aspx
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (06-25-2019),Bogertophis (06-25-2019)

Thanks
    Hi!

You can use Paypal at ShipYourReptiles. Head over there and sign up for an account. Make sure you stock up on the shipping supplies you'll need before you need to actually start shipping.

You can call or email the SYR office to arrange a pick-up at your home or office, but Deborah is correct that pick-ups are not recommended during extreme temperatures. If you live in a northern state, you might be able to do so on some summer days. The Customer Service reps at our office are more than happy to help figure out what's best for you!

Once you're signed up and ready to ship, you just need to click on "Book a Shipment" and fill out the label order form. When that's done, you'll receive a file you can print on your own printer at home.

There's lots more information on how to pack on the SYR website, including a great little video that most folks find very helpful. You can use the coupon code BPnet40 to receive 40% off the FedEx retail rate for your first shipment and we can work with you to get you personalized custom rates as well.

We care about your animals, first and foremost, and we care about your business. We're here for you!

Cheers!
    Judy
    Judy
    Director of Accounts at ShipYourReptiles

email: Judy@ShipYourReptiles.com

Customer Service Desk
    303-730-2125 (ext 1 or 2)
    info@ShipYourReptiles.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy@SYR For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (06-26-2019)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Setting up shipping for ball pythons

Quote Originally Posted by Judy@SYR View Post
    Hi!

You can use Paypal at ShipYourReptiles. Head over there and sign up for an account. Make sure you stock up on the shipping supplies you'll need before you need to actually start shipping.

You can call or email the SYR office to arrange a pick-up at your home or office, but Deborah is correct that pick-ups are not recommended during extreme temperatures. If you live in a northern state, you might be able to do so on some summer days. The Customer Service reps at our office are more than happy to help figure out what's best for you!

Once you're signed up and ready to ship, you just need to click on "Book a Shipment" and fill out the label order form. When that's done, you'll receive a file you can print on your own printer at home.

There's lots more information on how to pack on the SYR website, including a great little video that most folks find very helpful. You can use the coupon code BPnet40 to receive 40% off the FedEx retail rate for your first shipment and we can work with you to get you personalized custom rates as well.

We care about your animals, first and foremost, and we care about your business. We're here for you!

Cheers!
    Judy
    Thank you

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk