Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 329

12 members and 317 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 66,107
Threads: 240,847
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, lifesong
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Crowley progression thread

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Since Crowley hasn't eaten in a while he did lose some weight which is to be expected as he pooped out all that extra rat waste since weighing him when he was eating which he was at 5 pounds (2268 grams) when he was eating. He is now down to 4.6 pounds (2087 grams) but this is normal weight loss for going on a fast, he usually loses that extra rat waste weight then sustains his weight for a long time maybe gradually losing a bit over a 7 month fast. He hasn't lost much weight at all, that is nice to see. If he losses too much or starts to look unhealthy (triangular) I will be stopping his missions to slow his weight loss. I will try feeding him tomorrow and see how that goes. Whether he's in his enclosure or not I don't think that is a factor in why he isn't eating. A stressed out snake wouldn't willingly come out by himself and want to come out for longer when put back in the enclosure.
    Thats where I disagree with u. He doesnít want to come out and play, I promise u that. All Iím asking is that u stop this until he eats at least 3 meals. Then if you feel u have to let him crawl around ok, while I donít agree with a daily multiple hour cruise, it would be ok if he isnít loosing weight.

But again plz provide any evidence of what ur doing is being agreed with by any professionals
    Iím just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Well I asked the most well known expert I know of and this was his answer:

I don't see Crowley stressing whatsoever when he comes out, he comes out by himself, if he was stressed then why would he be coming out by himself stressing himself out? That just doesn't make any sense. Even at first I'd offer his enclosure back in case he didn't know how to go back up and find it. He would put his head in and then nope, he wanted to come right back out and do his missions. His room is so much warmer than where he used to be (the living room), the room itself is at 77-80 degrees, it gets hot in there when he's out as I turn the heated blanket on, then add my laptop and monitor's heat and my body heat and it's nice and toasty in there. Hopefully he will eat tonight, he seemed semi-interested last time I tried feeding him. Like Brian Barczyk said, each animal is different, my little Crowley has been an explorer all his life and that's what he likes, it's his way of life and changing it could be worse for him.

Here is the link to my comment and his reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0v..._5SE1-Z4AaABAg
    Last edited by Valyndris; 11-05-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added link to comments

Thanks
    You're looking for an echo chamber to support your opinions versus honest constructive criticism.

Good luck. I imagine you'll need it on more than just this occasion.
    0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    0.0.1 Emerald Tree Boa "Samantha"
    0.1.0 Jayapura Scrub Python "Victoria"
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"
    -----
    0.0.1 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wnateg For This Useful Post:

cincy (11-05-2019),Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019),jmcrook (11-05-2019),Mommabear.Yoli (11-06-2019),Moose84 (11-05-2019),Sonny1318 (11-05-2019),Stewart_Reptiles (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    I was asked for proof of an expert's opinion and I provided it. I am not looking for advice or support, just simply trying to post Crowley's progress as this is his progression thread. When I had questions I posted them in a different thread. This thread was simply meant to be to share how Crowley is doing and progressing but people just keep wanting to criticize me and say I'm doing things wrong even though Crowley is doing absolutely fine.

I want to keep this positive and would love to be able to continue posting about how Crowley is doing. I am trying to reply to most questions as I want people to understand how I do things and why.

Here is a cute picture of Crowley in a hide he never used till I moved it next to where I sit in the room. I'd like to think he hangs out in there to be near me but who knows, maybe he just likes the location better. He "hugs" his hide like that to tell me he wants to stay in there, I know this because he's done it for years and always stays in when he does that. When he "hugs" his hide while in his enclosure I close the door as I know he doesn't want to come out yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,414 Times in 4,280 Posts
    I would hardly call that proof of an expert supporting your methods. He knows very little about the details or of the extent of your anthropomorphizing.

He also answers using question marks(???). That's hardly an advocation.

I tried here. You're obviously not willing to accept anything you don't want to hear. And now you're even taking a very vague "answer" and trying to make it sound like Brian Clickbait supports your methods.

I just can't anymore. OP, good luck.

Crowley, good luck, you're gonna need it. I'm sorry your life will inevitably be shortened by ignorance. It's not your fault.
    ...life is beautiful...

0.1 Bredli Python - Fernie
    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Johnny & June and Chloe
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

cincy (11-05-2019),Danger noodles (11-05-2019),Mommabear.Yoli (11-05-2019),Sonny1318 (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 1,056 Posts
    I just went through this thread twice, wow. Wow, what baffles me most, is I thought this site was about sharing knowledge, not nonsense. That’s nice you love your animal so much. But that doesn’t change any of the nonsense that you’re claiming. If I was just getting into the hobby, I couldn’t imagine a more misleading portrayal of snake keeping. Proof? Proof of what, that a breeder answered your question in a totally non defining manner? Or other keepers are as bad with proper snake care? I learned too many hard lessons in life, pray that’s not what you have to learn in this instance. It’s a PUBLIC form, and you’re posting of free will. Others are chiming in, because what you describe is absurd to 99% of our community. Peace and best of luck. Personally I can’t believe the thread made it this far without more inflammatory comments. Wow.
    Last edited by Sonny1318; 11-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019),Danger noodles (11-05-2019),Mommabear.Yoli (11-06-2019),Moose84 (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Ok at least u did try and find some proof and I respect that, but u have him a fraction of the whole story. I really do hope that one day u will wake up and realize that you will never know how your snake feels. like I said before thriving is not surviving.

on a second note, if u can talk to snakes and know what Crowley loves and doesnít love, then why not ask him why he was freaked out about the bird before waiting months and then asking us?

Last your lying to yourself ur self and others when u say winter fast. It started dead in the middle of summer, ac on for one day shouldnít be a winter fast, unless u donít have his setup correctly heated. It can be 65-80 in my house and my snake habitats are at a constant temp due to the heat being on a thermostat

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019),Sonny1318 (11-05-2019)

Thanks

Re: Crowley progression thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    I just went through this thread twice, wow. Wow, what baffles me most, is I thought this site was about sharing knowledge, not nonsense. Thatís nice you love your animal so much. But that doesnít change any of the nonsense that youíre claiming. If I was just getting into the hobby, I couldnít imagine a more misleading portrayal of snake keeping. Proof? Proof of what, that a breeder answered your question in a totally non defining manner? Or other keepers are as bad with proper snake care? I learned too many hard lessons in life, pray thatís not what you have to learn in this instance. Itís a PUBLIC form, and youíre posting of free will. Others are chiming in, because what you describe is absurd to 99% of our community. Peace and best of luck. Personally I canít believe the thread made it this far without more inflammatory comments. Wow.
    We are truly trying to help. Iím not posting on here to act like an a hole I just what whatís best for Crowley, his owner truly loves him and I would like to see her have him for another 20 years instead of 5

Thanks
    So if u want advice from a well respected breeder then pm Stewart reptile on this site and ask Debra what she thinks, I promise she will not steer u in the wrong direction. U can even go look at her amazing animals on morph market and see the quality of animals she produces.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019)

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks
    This entire thread gives me the most anxiety I've ever had. I need a Xanax just to read it. It's just watching people talk to a brick wall over and over again ! She isn't gonna change, and the snake will die and she will start a new thread about sorrows and sadness and want all the support of the forum. It's rediculous to think a snake wants anything other to be fed and left alone. People are crazy. Women are nuts . Let's just hope there are no actual children involved in this person's care.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast